What's new

Favorite Pumpkin Beer

Fall is officially in full swing at my local liquor store, they must have 10 different varieties of pumpkin beer in stock. I've always been hesitant to try it but finally bit the bullet and bought Post Road Pumpkin Ale by Brooklyn Brewery. So far it is pretty good. What's your favorite brand of Pumpkin beer? I'd like to be a bit more informed next time I go to buy some.

Post Road is the best! Used to be a separate company than Brooklyn Bought it.....You should try a "drunkin Pumpkin"...its a half pumpkin(post road) and half guinness. Delicious!

Post Road is the best! Used to be a separate company than Brooklyn Bought it.....You should try a "drunkin Pumpkin"...its a half pumpkin(post road) and half guinness. Delicious!

Drunkin Pumpkin sounds pretty good, think I will have to try that.

MMM. I love me some pumpkin ale. I was very wary the first time I tried it. I was like how on earth could pumpkin ale be good. But I tried it and it was love at first sip. My favorite is made at a local microbrewery. If my growler runs dry I pick up some dogfish or harvest pumpkin ale(by blue moon).

At the microbrewery I spoke of they line the rim with cinnamon sugar. Not sure if this is a regular occurrence. It is a guilty pleasure in my life.

Not a huge fan of Pumpkin beers, but one that I really love is Terrapin's Pumpkinfest. Its a basic Octoberfest with pumpkin and spices. Very good, and not too overpowering.

The Smuttynose Brewery up here in Portsmouth, NH makes a good pumpkin ale:

proxy.php

I have had the Post Road and it was good. Southern Tier is too sweet for me. Don't get me wrong, it tastes exactly like pumpkin pie to me. That is great but I like to eat pumpkin pie, not drink it. Come to think of it, all of the Southern Tier beers are too sweet for me. I have also tasted the Harvest Seasonal and the Creme Brule Stout - but I digress.

As others have stated, Dogfish makes a great pumpkin beer as well.

O'Fallon's Pumpkin beer from here in Missouri isn't too bad. I've got some Sam Adam's Harvest pumpkin I'll be trying soon. I liked Blue Moon's pumpkin ale too.

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale...its expensive though about $8.00 for a 4 pack.

It's about $15 in NYC, but is worth the splurge this time of year. I've had several and this one is still my favorite!
Becareful though. At 7% ABV it's a strong one.

I never tried a pumpkin ale so I picked up Tommyknocker "small patch pumpkin harvest ale". Tastes more like tomato than pumpkin to me. I'm disappointed.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I did pick up some Pumking which was great and did taste just like pumpkin pie. But I think I prefer the more traditional pumpkin spice flavors of Post Road a bit better.

Top Bottom