What's new

Cigar lighter- looking for suggestions

I own couple of Porsche design torch lighters but sadly they are developing problems lately. I guess I am looking for replacement. Something solid and durable. Any suggestions?

I recommend Xikar. They have a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty. Pretty hard to beat. I own four different Xikar lighters and have never had any problems with them. I had the opportunity to test the warranty however. I dropped my punch cutter and broke the blade. I sent it in and two weeks later had a new replacement.

DL

Unless you insist on a torch type of flame, I suggest having a look at I.M. Corona lighters. I prefer a soft flame like I get from a match. Coronas are solid lighters with a lifetime warranty.

I've had a Delta Windmill for over 10 years. I've never had a problem with mine. Its windproof and very very durable. Mine lights every time. I don't believe it works at high altitudes though, so don't rely on it for mountain climbing.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Stalk up on Robson Jetlights from walmart at $4 each. They're indestructible and you won't be out $50 when you loose one.

I've got a zippo blu. It's their new butane lighters. I like them because they work just like a classic zippo.

+1 on Xikar. The best cutter on the market, IMHO, and the lighters are a very well-made complement. Not terribly expensive either.

+1 on Xikar. The best cutter on the market, IMHO, and the lighters are a very well-made complement. Not terribly expensive either.

+2 on Xikar, they just sent me a brand new one on service that had become clogged due to me using sub-par fuel in it. Awesome customer service.

Xikar is great - I have both lighter and cutter from them. Only thing I could complain about is the size/weight and somewhat clumsy design. If i could Id get a ST Dupont, but that´s a completely different price range..

+1 on the Ronson Jetlite. Great torch lighter, inexpensive.

Honestly, lighters are like guns in a way. With a gun, if you pull the trigger and it goes bang, it's good. A lighter, you go click and it lights the first tme, it's a good lighter.

Going to see if I can find my old Zippo, so I can get a Vector butane insert for it. Before I new better, I used the classic Zippo to light up. Vector makes a pipe insert, too. Like that one over the Z-Torch (I think that's the name) because it's a softer flame, and looks more like the classic Zippo insert.

What ever you get, remember two things:

1) purge it before you fill it. This will get all of the air out of it and prevent malfunction.
2) get at least triple refined butane. Anythng else might just gunk it up.

Cigar, WOOD MATCHES!!!!!

I kid, I kid. I have a zippo with the pipe insert and it does all my heavy lifting. Seriously thought jet lighters and cigars just don't work for me.

Legion

Staff member
I know a lot of people are against the good old zippo, because the smell, taste of the fuel, or whatever. But honestly, for my many, many years of smoking the zippo never failed me. It is a classic design, super reliable, feels good in the hand. The only time my zippos failed to work was when I did not maintain them or keep them filled.

I don't smoke any more, but I still carry a zippo daily. That says something.

Top Bottom