Schick type E

Friday May 27th, 2011

-Gillette Twinjector w/ Vintage Pal Blade
-Vintage Surrey Tallow Shaving Soap
-Omega Boar Brush
-Dickinson's Witch Hazel scented w/ Rose Water
-Avon Wild Country AS
-Avon Wild Country Cologne

Decided to take my newly acquired Gillette Twinjector for it's maiden shave this morning. Got a great shave in my usual two passes. It doesn't feel excessively mild as some indicate.

The Surrey soap performed wonderfully, giving a very rich, and creamy lather!

I find it amusing that the blade I used predates the razor by about 20 years!! :lol::lol:

If you have not run across one, the Gillette Twinjector is an interesting design. It's basically the plastic part of a Trac II handle with an Injector head attached instead. The head is all metal except for the safety bar which is a heavy black plastic.

I have no idea why Gillette designed it this way; it seems it would make more sense to make the head entirely from metal.

The razor also seems to weight less than a typical Injector.

:tongue_sm:tongue_sm

proxy.php

Last edited:
Beautiful...I never tried one in the day...But it seems that they are great injectors from all that I hear...

Beautiful...I never tried one in the day...But it seems that they are great injectors from all that I hear...

It's worth seeking out just to experience the Gillette side of Injectors, but I doubt I would pay too much of a price premium for it. I got mine for a really excellent price ($19.39 shipped) simply because it was badly mis-labled by the Ebay seller (gillette early disposable black silver safety razor). I am not convinced it shaves that differently than a typical Schick Injector; but thus far I have only used it once.

Next on the want list, Schick, and Pal Adjustables. :tongue_sm

Got a I1 delivered yesterday with a black handle and silver head. I have not seen too many of these. Anyone else have one? Will post a picture in a few days.

Recently won both a Pal Adjustable, and Schick Adjustable for $23.17 shipped. Pretty awesome deal I would say!! The Pal is a little dirty, but hopefully will clean up fine. :)

This completes my Injector collection (for now).

Got a I1 delivered yesterday with a black handle and silver head. I have not seen too many of these. Anyone else have one? Will post a picture in a few days.

I have one and have seen a couple of others. There definitely doesn't seem to be a lot of them though.

I never actually showed my babe:

Attachments

• $Schick 5.jpg
    $Schick 5.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 260
  • $SS & Schick 1.jpg
    $SS & Schick 1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
As someone who's just starting out with Schicks (E and G types), can anyone tell me which kind shaves closest? I just shaved with a G type this morning and got effortless BBS, but I might want to branch out...

Seriously, I thought my RAD was cured...

Last edited:
As someone who's just starting out with Schicks (E and G types), can anyone tell me which kind shaves closest? I just shaved with a G type this morning and got effortless BBS, but I might want to branch out...

Seriously, I thought RAD was cured...

The general opinion is that the older model E and G's are a bit more aggressive thant the later models like the J and L, and I mostly agree with that. The oldest one I have is a B and it's quite mild but a very effective shaver, as is the C I borrowed from the beav to test. The adjustables are also great because they're, well, adjustable and all.

My personal favorite is the I2 Hydro-magic.

Seriously, I thought RAD was cured...

I've learned that I like my razors on the aggressive side and have pretty much settled into a happy relationship with a G8. I have a couple of E's that shave just as well, but this sexy little G and I are getting along real sweet at the moment.

I just read this entire "vintage" thread and got excited about my injectors. I just got a near perfect cased E3 that's all shined up and ready to go........off to shower and shave right now. Thanks, B&B for all the great info!

I just read this entire "vintage" thread and got excited about my injectors. I just got a near perfect cased E3 that's all shined up and ready to go........off to shower and shave right now. Thanks, B&B for all the great info!

Enjoy yourself!

I've learned that I like my razors on the aggressive side and have pretty much settled into a happy relationship with a G8. I have a couple of E's that shave just as well, but this sexy little G and I are getting along real sweet at the moment.

Personally, I don't rank any of the Injectors I have as "Aggressive", although a couple of them certainly do provide the very closest shaved first pass of any razor I have ever tried. I have a G8, but I also have an I2, and the past three weeks, the I2 has been my choice as often, or more often, than all the rest all added together (DEs, SEs, Injectors).

I'd still kinda like to have a J model for old times' sake; I had one back when they were still current production, but a black handled I model without the Hydromagic cleaning lever was my favorite one (probably the only razor I took away with me to college) in 1957-1962.

P. S. I also had a J model, with the longer, tapered white handle, that I bought about 1961, that I'd like another of, but I haven't seen any through BST when visiting there every day, nor at any reasonable (to me) proposed price on either eBay or Etsy, so I mostly gave up looking.

Last edited:
Well, the shave was GREAT. BBS for sure. Whipped up some Proraso Cream and did my standard three pass. Zero irritation, Zero nicks, Zero weepers, and close as hell. Using some new Schick blades I bought online--Ebay, I think. I generally like heavy razors, but this little fellow just cruises along. Never had a fear of cutting myself. The nose/upper lip area went like "buddah", and the lower neck and chin are clean as a whistle. Splashed on a ton of Floid Vigoroso and went out to try to buy some ice for this DAMN hurricane. (I got three bags.) Well, here she comes, in all her windy, rainy glory, but I sure look good, and smell great. I love injectors--gotta become a regular in my rotation.

Last edited:
The general opinion is that the older model E and G's are a bit more aggressive thant the later models like the J and L, and I mostly agree with that. The oldest one I have is a B and it's quite mild but a very effective shaver, as is the C I borrowed from the beav to test. The adjustables are also great because they're, well, adjustable and all.

My personal favorite is the I2 Hydro-magic.

Tom, although it's referencing a post over a year old, I have to express my admiration (as a somewhat OCD type) for your system for removing injector blades and drying them. I never considered that option seriously. One of my main qualms about injectors was the difficulty of removing and cleaning after each shave.

I have two E types (one E2 with the swing-aside spring) and one G1. My experience with them and injectors in general is pretty much limited to the legendary Personna 74 blades. They shave wonderfully, and equally well.

A testament to the popularity of the Schick Hydro-matic razor is the steep prices they are getting on the Bay. I have wanted one for awhile but don't want to pay what they're currently fetching.

I use my Canadian E (I think) with the 74 blades and Plus Platinum blades with great shaves.

I keep going back to my single edge razors. I use Gem Jrs, Ever Ready, and my dad's Schick E. He replaced the handle at some time in the past. It is wood, although I don't know what kind. Wish he were around to ask. I keep it in my rotation.
$schick01.jpg

Yes, that is the one. It's a good little shaver. My brother told me that he had made the handle and passed it on to him. But he uses cartridges and goo when he shaves and passed on to me last year when I asked about a Gillette Tech. The Gillette Tech must have been lost since his passing. I would like to have got my hands on that, but I am tickled to have the Schick E. That he made the handle is a plus.

Oh, the Schick is an E3 as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom