What's new

Best Cover Song is...?

The greatest cover artist ever.... Sad Kermit the Frog!!!! (NOTE: neither song is appropriate for children)

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny Cash - Hurt
Cake - I will survive
My B&B handle - Cocaine
Kris Kristofferson - The Winner
Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World

Johnny Cash - Hurt

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World

Too bad Johnny and Kurt never got together.

Looking back all these years just amazing how good Cobain actually was.

Great covers all! Can't think of any others that are that good!

Lots out there I'm sure, one of my favorites was at a concert with Garth Brooks singing American Pie.

Legion

Staff member
Marilyn Manson did a great version of Down in the Park by Garry Newman.

I'm not sure why that one popped into my head, but I do like it.

Oh, Nine Inch Nails version of Dead Souls by Joy Division. Awesome!

Lots of greats songs listed! I really like Cake's cover of "I Will Survive" as well. Just heard Cowboy Junkies cover of "Sweet Jane" and thought that deserved a mention too.

A lot of great mentions so far. I'd agree with most of them. Since a couple of guys mentioned some LZ covers I'll throw this out...

I was recently at the movies with SWMBO and saw the first trailer for the new version of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. During the trailer they play a cover of "Immigrant Song" done by Karen O and Trent Reznor that I'm obsessed with. I have yet to find it for download but I'm still hunting.

Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower
The Clash - I Fought the Law
The Monkees - I'm a Believer
The Beatles - Twist and Shout
Elvis Presley - Hound Dog

Some of these songs are so associated with those artists it's hard to believe they're covers.

Thanks for all the suggestions, its fun to get introduced to versions that I did not know existed, like Sad Kermit and I am green :lol: Agree that the Cowboy Junkies cover of "Sweet Jane" is a good counter balance to Lou Reed's original.

A side comment about browsers, some of the recently posted youtube links show up in Chrome but are invisible in FireFox 5.

Outside Woman Blues - Cream
Spoonful - Cream

this was the first thing i thought of as well!!
dylan has had so many songs covered its crazy. (most were better done by others)

That always surprised me about Dylan. The man is perhaps the greatest songwriter of all time yet he rarely ever delivered his music in an even slightly charismatic way. His merky voice didn't match well with his passionate lyrics. Pure genius.

Top Bottom