What's new

List your top 5 Mama Bear's soaps -scentwise-

Title says it all. List the 5 soaps that you like its scent most.

so far for me, not in particular order;

honeysuckle
brute
bonzai
english leather
backyard gazebo

there are also some very nice sandalwood varieties but these are my favs.

Generally most mama bears soaps work very similar, but If you haven't tried Bonzai yet, it has some better lather properties than most imo. So give it a chance.

Don't have 5 yet but
Top choices:
Rosemary Mint
Sandalwood Rose

Second choice:
Sea Buckthorn (not much scent but feels so good!)

Maybe:
Spellbound Woods

I have tried several others that are not to my liking. I am picky I suppose. I am working my way though a bag of over 20 samples.

Phil

Well I will list the 5 soaps I have

Dragon's Blood
Diogenes Club
Bay Rum
Sandalwood Rose
British Leather

Last edited:
I have two first places, I find this both wearing very nice smell
1:Ye Olde Barbershoppe
1:phoenix Rising from The Ashes

3:Givenchy pour Homme
4: Wood
5: dragon blood

5??? I do not even have two yet!

B&B Limited Edition Lav. & Oakmoss.
Looks like I need to place an order tonite...

Cheers,

--T

Terrific thread. If you search, you will find many similar threads listing members MB faves. That being said: her Gentleman's Lemon and Rosemary Mint are phenomenal. I am very curious about:

Citrus Basil
Woodland Pear
Grapefruit Ice
Lemon Ice
Awakenings
Mandarin Ice
Basil and Lime
Sage and Lavender
Lime and Bergamot
Patchouli and Lavender

You can't beat Mama Bear's soaps for thick rich lather combined with gentleness.

P.S. The "gang" over at "How Many Shaves To the Bottom of a Shave Stick" are enjoying one of Mama Bear's newest EO fragrances, "Amyris" - its a delicate, smoky, sandalwood. Mama donated a tub and a stick of the soap to us in the midst of recovering from her horrible fire which devastated her business. She is a great craftswoman and a great Lady!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love MB soaps and have fell in love with many. My fav's are

Rosemary Mint
Awakenings
Tuscany???? cant find it but it has been discontinued

I have 9 on hand and love them all. Christmas forest gets used for the entire month of December. Well at least for the past 3 years:)

Black Code
Masculine Musk
Turkish Mocha
Mandarin Ice
Phoenix Rising (I run hot and cold with this one, its good but too sweet many days)

Only 5? :confused1 :blink: What kind of cruel person are you? :mad3:

These are 3 that got a closer sniff from SWMBO and approval from my princess-in-training.

Frankincense and Myrrh
Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Phoenix Rising

I have a whole list of lighter scents that I really like, but SWMBO is indifferent to, and at least 20 more that are on my want to try list.

Ye old barbershoppe
Dublin tweed
phoenix rising
bonzai
lemon ice
..... if anyone has some fall leaves, good morning honey let me know.

I must be the only one here that loves the pipe tobacco? Anyway, I've tried ~12 of the sample sizes to see what I'd like, but I couldn't find 5 that I absolutely loved yet, so here's my top 4:

Apple stuffed French toast - smells amazing and lingers so I get to smell it for quite a while after I shave.

Pipe tobacco - Wonderfully different and lingers quite some time, the more I smelled it the more I liked it.

Awakenings (I suspect I'm going to love some of the other mentholated soaps, but this is the only one I've tried). Refreshing and minty, loved it!

Dragons blood - One of the most masculine smelling anything I've come across

Turkish mocha, phoenix and ye olde barbershop are ok, but I'm not in love with them or anything like the ones above.

Sandalwood vanilla
Lemon ice
Lime ice
Good morning honey
Rosemary mint

Shame we had to keep it to five. I have no idea how Dustin actually did that. :laugh:

Terrific thread. If you search, you will find many similar threads listing members MB faves. That being said: her Gentleman's Lemon and Rosemary Mint are phenomenal. I am very curious about:

Citrus Basil
Woodland Pear
Grapefruit Ice
Lemon Ice
Awakenings
Mandarin Ice
Basil and Lime
Sage and Lavender
Lime and Bergamot
Patchouli and Lavender

You can't beat Mama Bear's soaps for thick rich lather combined with gentleness.

P.S. The "gang" over at "How Many Shaves To the Bottom of a Shave Stick" are enjoying one of Mama Bear's newest EO fragrances, "Amyris" - its a delicate, smoky, sandalwood. Mama donated a tub and a stick of the soap to us in the midst of recovering from her horrible fire which devastated her business. She is a great craftswoman and a great Lady!!!

The Citrus Basil is great. I don't have any frame of reference because this is the first time I've used their product but it arrived in the mail this morning, right when I was ready to shave. Can't beat that for timing!
It has a very light, clean, fresh scent as you would imagine. The closest thing to it I've used is Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn. Not the same smell, just a similar type.
Absolutely guaranteed repeat business from me, this is good stuff.

Top Bottom