What's new

buying a new brush?

I have been wet shaving now with a DE for about 2 months or so and one thing i have never figured out is why do you buy a new brush? Im sure in some part its just to try something different but really, why do you buy new brushes?

Im currently using an EJ BBB.

P

Pjotr

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean new as in different from what you've got or new as in not second hand?

If it's the former then yes, people will try new brushes because they're different, bigger, smaller, different hair grades etc. Just like they try different razors. Some will collect brushes and hardly ever use them.

If you mean the latter there aren't many second hand brushes around. Lot's of people find it unhygienic to buy used brushes.

If you mean the latter there aren't many second hand brushes around. Lot's of people find it unhygienic to buy used brushes.

I have to disagree with this statement, if you look at the BST forum on this website I would venture to guess that most of the brushes are second hand...

Justin

I have been wet shaving now with a DE for about 2 months or so and one thing i have never figured out is why do you buy a new brush? Im sure in some part its just to try something different but really, why do you buy new brushes?

Because we have addictive personalities and a little extra scratch laying around to buy new brushes with...(not me of course):lol::lol::lol:

Come back and ask that question when you have 200 more posts. :wink2:

Yes, just one brush would more than get the job done.

Why would one have more? I think its just for the variety, and for the self satisfaction of saying "now that's a shave den". :thumbup1:

I wanted to try out different size knots, different sized and shaped handles, and different grades of hair. I found what I like pretty quickly...

I was using the same brush for 6-7 years though...and I never once really had any thought to replace it. It did a good job with no complaints.

You could use an EJ BBB for decades and be happy with one brush. We're just collectors. Also known as, "crazy people."

some brushes work better with difrent things. say i wouldent want to use a stiff high loft small knot boar for facelathering creams when it works best doing soaps in a scuttle.

where as a large floppy silvertip works better for soft creams, and feels llike mushing a cloud on your face.

short loft 2 bands work great for facelathering and hard soaps. due to their backbone and soft tips.

Now here's someone who will be spending some money pretty soon, I'd say...it's the same reason we buy lots of razors, creams, and soaps. Because they're there. And something else might be slightly, even a little tiny bit better than what we're now using. The Holy Grail! :lol:

just bought a second ej bbb here today,works great for both soaps and creams my 1st 10 years old crabtree version after a nice cleaning sill holding up nicely:001_smile

Top Bottom