What's new

when do you drink your scotch?

TheShaun

Bejeweled
I have a bottle that I purchased recently, but never really feel the occasion to have any. Do you drink after dinner, before, any time all the time? Do you accompany it with anything? cigar, food, nothing?

I enjoy a good glass of scotch in the evening or on a quiet afternoon, while relaxing and reading a book or watching one of the few tv programs i can stand having on for more than five seconds.

Evening. After dinner. It is the time after all of the day's responsibilities have been taken care of. If it is not too late and I am not so tired that I could fall right to sleep, I'll pour just a finger or a little more and sit down to TV, the internet, or a book. Same goes for any after dinner drink - Scotch, Bourbon, traditional Margarita. My wife will have poured her first and possibly second glass of wine by this time.

I usually like to drink before dinner,so i usually enjoy while i bbq and i lime to pair with a cigar,sometimes i enjoy it after dinner while playing a game of chess or backgammon!

Generally at night once I know everything is taken care of and I can enjoy it and relax. Fire up a good tv program, kick back on the sofa and enjoy. It's even better with the house completely empty.. Currently making my way through a bottle of Talisker 10, and every drink seems different and unique in its own way :thumbup:

Generally at night once I know everything is taken care of and I can enjoy it and relax. Fire up a good tv program, kick back on the sofa and enjoy. It's even better with the house completely empty.. Currently making my way through a bottle of Talisker 10, and every drink seems different and unique in its own way :thumbup:

Fantastic bottle! I say this having only had a glass at a bar a couple of weeks ago. What a complex Scotch! I passed on a bottle at the liquor store Sunday night when I saw the $70 price tag. Another time! I think I prefer it to the Islays and Speysides. Seems to feature the best of both.

Last edited:
for me it's only on the nights where I dont work the next morning. This mean on fridays, and saturday's evenings or any nights when I'm on vacation.

I'm only drink scotch since about a year. I'm 29 and discoverd that with my brother when we were traveling to maine last summer for vacation. We stopped in New Emshire in a liquor store and scored a bottle of lagavulin 16 for 65$. It was our first scotch bottle for both of us. (Not really knowing it was a great scotch)

When we came back here in Québec, we found the same bottle going for around 130$.
It was a hard start :D whish we started with something more ordinary as now we have to spend a lot to get something better, and beeing both students, it has not happened yet. We both agreed that we would only drink the lagavulin when together. There is about 1/3 of the bottle left. I hope it's going to last till next summer.

Please excuse my english. I write it as a hobby only :)

Last edited:
Right now.:001_smile I'm having a bowl of GL Pease Haddo's Delight in a Rad Davis carved Squashed Tomato with a wee dram of Longmorn 16.

Top Bottom