What's new

Packers/Steelers

A lot of the Packers' passing offense is predicated on the receivers getting open quickly for quick slants, curls, and outs. Then they do the rest in YAC. The Packers were near the top in YAC. You cannot allow them to get a free release at the line of scrimmage. It burned me to no end to see how the Giants played the Packers. Defensive Coordinator Fewell had our CBs play 10 yards off. No matter how quickly our pass rushers got to Rodgers, the receivers were always open so he could get rid of the ball. We should have been playing the way the Packers play: jam receivers at the line and give your pass rushers a chance to get to the QB. I think Fewell was afraid of the Packers outrunning out secondary so he thought it was safer to play back. The problem is that our CBs are best suited for press coverage.

I don't watch the Steelers but if they play back against the Packers, Rodgers will pick them apart. Play them like the Bears: be physical. Push them off their routes. Make them work to get open.

I don't REALLY hate Cutler. He's not good enough to spend my hard earned negative energy on. I have more of a disliking for Philip Rivers. It helps that he plays for Norv Turner, whom, as a Redskin's fan, I blame for ruining my childhood.

Sometimes Eli Manning does things that really upsets me but if you took him out of windy and cold NJ and put him in the perfect climate of San Diego; had him play against one of the easiest divisions in football; and gave him an All-Pro TE, the tallest receiver unit in football, and a pass-happy coach; then I'm sure he'd put up some big numbers too.

A lot of the Packers' passing offense is predicated on the receivers getting open quickly for quick slants, curls, and outs. Then they do the rest in YAC. The Packers were near the top in YAC. You cannot allow them to get a free release at the line of scrimmage. It burned me to no end to see how the Giants played the Packers. Defensive Coordinator Fewell had our CBs play 10 yards off. No matter how quickly our pass rushers got to Rodgers, the receivers were always open so he could get rid of the ball. We should have been playing the way the Packers play: jam receivers at the line and give your pass rushers a chance to get to the QB. I think Fewell was afraid of the Packers outrunning out secondary so he thought it was safer to play back. The problem is that our CBs are best suited for press coverage.

I don't watch the Steelers but if they play back against the Packers, Rodgers will pick them apart. Play them like the Bears: be physical. Push them off their routes. Make them work to get open.

The Steelers run a 3-4 so they don't jam as much as a Cover 2 team might. Most of the coverage in a 3-4 is zone unless you have great man to man corners. Taylor might be the best suited for this, but the Packers could spread them out and negate that tactic. The Steelers have to get to Rodgers and actually take him down. Atlanta showed what happens when you get pressure on him and let him get away.

I'm really looking forward to this game. There are great match ups all over the place. It will be interesting to see how much freelancing Polamalu and Woodson get to do and how much of an impact they have.

Sometimes Eli Manning does things that really upsets me but if you took him out of windy and cold NJ and put him in the perfect climate of San Diego; had him play against one of the easiest divisions in football; and gave him an All-Pro TE, the tallest receiver unit in football, and a pass-happy coach; then I'm sure he'd put up some big numbers too.

He's thrown for 4,000 yards his last two seasons on a team that loves to run. I think he is capable of playing at a very high level no matter the conditions. He just has to get better with his decision making.

I didn't say that competent law enforcement didn't exist everywhere. However, due to the prevalence and variety of crime in NYS, law enforcement here is better equipped and more experienced to handle certain situations. The procedural integrity of a case such as this one would never have been questioned if it had been in NY. At least, not in this manner. NY LEOs regularly face things that aren't normal for a small department in a PA college town.

As a Pennsylvanian by birth, I feel obligated to note that neither of the incidents took place in PA.

And I will go on record as niether hating, nor liking Jay Cutler. He strikes me as rather inconsequential.

Cutler is another in a long line of disappointing QBs drafted or acquired by Chicago. They haven't had anybody reliable over the long haul since Sid Luckman.

A lifelong Packer fan here!:w00t: I am really enjoying these two weeks. BTW, winning the George S. Halas Trophy in Soldier Field is priceless. A presentation of it by Virginia McCaskey would have been even better.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This is a great matchup for a Super Bowl. Two great defenses that are almost twins. But I feel that the Packer offense has too many weapons to be stopped. In fact, when the guys on IR are brought back into the mix, this could be special for several years.

Here is a story about Aaron Rodgers that may illustrate why we think he's special.

http://www.fox6now.com/sports/football/packers/witi-opinion-save-me-a-spot-20110118,0,7243445.story

Go, Pack, Go! On to Lucky 13!

Last edited:
Love the Packers! This game has me worried though... Big Ben always seems to find a way to win the big ones. We need to pressure him so he can't extend the play. That being said, The Pack has gobs of speed, especially in a dome. It should be a great game! Man I can't wait!!

Aaron

You guys hear the latest the dome has been ripped off by Big Ben, well that's the rumor and I heard Aaron Rodgers was hiding in a corner saying where's Brett. :lol:

The truth is Rodgers will be wearing his favourite shoes and he will be unstopable!

Well, he was playing in a dome when he got his concussion :mad3:

But besides that, Atlanta (twice) and Minnesota he passed for roughly 1100 yards so maybe domes are a good thing :lol:

In my humble opinion, I think it will be Green Bay's game. I'm not too intune with NFL as I've spent the first half in basic training, and the internet in abysmal so I'm unfamiliar with the Steelers. Rothlisberger is clutch as we found out last year.. Then again Green Bay rookie CB's are clutch :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure that Green Bay's defense will dominate, as from my understanding he was sloppy against the Jets.. Though Steelers has a pretty good defense as well.. Ugh. DPLOY :angry: just will it be enough to contain Green Bay?

First,thank you for your service,and i hope you get to watch it, i think it will be closE as both teams have good D's and are very well balanced but this one i think is destined to go to GB!

First,thank you for your service,and i hope you get to watch it, i think it will be closE as both teams have good D's and are very well balanced but this one i think is destined to go to GB!

Of course I will.. I'm a die hard Packers fan and I have an extended curfew. Hopefully 1045 central time will suffice :thumbup:

Clay Matthews got robbed of Defensive Player of the Year award! Only reason Troy Polamalu won is because they didnt want to give it to another Packer this year (Charles Woodson last year). Polamalu is good but didn't have the numbers and was injured for a few games this season.

Top Bottom