What's new

Kiss My Face

Haven't tried it alone, but with soaps as a superlather, I've been getting pretty good results.

You're telling me! Here is a before shot of a poorly lathering soap: Grandpa's Wonder Pine Tar.

attachment.php

And here's as a superlather with the same soap and 1/2 almond of KMF.

attachment.php

KMF is surprisingly good. Quite possibly the best bang for the buck shave cream out there, particularly because you can find it locally (and often on sale!).

There is a new formulation KMF out that doesn't have parabens - don't know if it's characteristics are on par with the 'old' formulation that I have.

I'm unimpressed with the KMF Patchouli I have.

HOWEVER, this thread has caused me to try using it to superlather.
Looks like tomorrow's shave...

KMF lathers well. It is good stuff. This afternoon I was wondering what to do about the mint, though. I have a pump bottle full of it, but I don't care for the scent. The lavender scent is fine, if a bit ordinary, and it's my backup cream for travel. But the mint is sort of cloying - like mint chip ice cream.

So I spent an afternoon tinkering with the mint, adding various other scents to small batches of hand-lather. It turns out that Grey Flannel adds some interesting complexity to it, without ruining the lather. I was careful not to swamp the mint entirely, since I am not fond of GF either.

The result seems to have a nice balance, and I'm happy to have solved two problems at once. I don't have to throw out the mint KMF, and I've used up most of a bottle of GF that someone gave me.

Thanks to Jim for the advice to use diagonal cutters on the bottle crimp.

After reading glowing reviews of KMF, I went to the health-food store and checked out the fragrances. Didn't like any of them. The key lime smelled like fake limes (I'm from Florida, and I know what key limes smell like). All of the scents seemed big, dumb, harsh, and unrefined. I got a bottle of unscented stuff, though, and some essential oil of sage to put in it. Now, THAT scent will be refined.

The mint KMF has to be one of the best creams for the money -- $2.99 at a local health foods market. I personally like the scent. :)

After reading glowing reviews of KMF, I went to the health-food store and checked out the fragrances. Didn't like any of them. The key lime smelled like fake limes (I'm from Florida, and I know what key limes smell like). All of the scents seemed big, dumb, harsh, and unrefined. I got a bottle of unscented stuff, though, and some essential oil of sage to put in it. Now, THAT scent will be refined.

I just posted in the other KMF thread about the scent. Not authentic, somewhat synthetic.

Does anyone know if they still make shave creams?

Talk about a RICH CREAMY lather!!!!

My supply is well guarded as I can't find any place to buy it any more.

I buy it all the time at whole foods for cheap. See if you have a local gourmet or organic style grocer. I always try to not do the super lather but I catch myself reaching for kiss my face SC every time!!

adam

It's actually at quite a few normal supermarkets. Where I live, Stop and Shop and Shop Rite have it. The problem is that it's not with the rest of the shaving products where you would naturally look for it, but in a section of "natural" soaps and beauty products. I only discovered it by accident the first time, but now I know where to look.

Top Bottom