What's new

Comodore Problems

So i just got a new Simpson's Commodore for Christmas. I love the way it feels on my face but I can't seem to get more than one pass out of it when I face lather.

I have been wet shaving for the past year with a Tweezerman brush and Tabac soap. I was easily getting 3 passes out if that set up every morning.

Now since my Tabac ran out I am using up some Col Conk with my new Commodore X2 and I have to go back to the puck every pass. Not only does that take a long time but it starts to hurt my face to have to build lather 3 times each morning.

Any Advice?

Is the knot significantly larger? You need to use more product with bigger brushes as the lather tends to spread out through the bristles. If the brush is bigger, what used to be sufficient product on a smaller brush is probably just getting lost in the depths of the new brush.

+1 go to the puck for a full minute to load the brush, you should be able to get enough on that brush for your whole shave.

The brush will break in over the next month as well and it will get easier.

I now have 2 Simpson brushes, and my first took a good week or two to break in.
My new Duke 3 is performing exactly at the moment as my Colonel X2L did when I got it. Don't believe it's a fault. It wants to be used!

David

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
+1 on knot size... If it's bigger than your previous brush, you will need more product.

So I went from a tweezerman to a commodore x2 myself. At first I was dissapionted with the same situation as you. The tweezerman in my opinion is a great brush. The thing is the commodore is way more dense, and you do have to load more to get it going because the badger hair on the commodore soaks way more up into the hairs. Since it holds on to more soap, it holds two passes just in the brush. At first it doesn't spread as much on your face, but once you break it in it will be more willing to give some of the lather up. I'm still trying to get my commodore to perform well with tabac. You have to use a little more soap and water, break it in, and you should be alright!! Peace, Adam

Ok, I guess I'm a bigger computer geek than I thought.
The word "Commodore" in the thread title immediately brought to mind my first computer, the commodore 64. :001_tt2:

Update: So i think i figured it out this morning. This thing holds a lot more water than my tweezerman and hence does not need to be dipped into the water so much while lathering. With a bit less water I had no problems this morning. And you Palmolive lovers you would be happy to know that this mornings Palmolive shave was actually good and my wife said she loves the smell.

Top Bottom