What's new

Guillermo Hoppe

Hey,

i've won an auction on ebay last week with 3 Razors and a Mug and a weird haircutter. One of the Razors is a Guillermo Hoppe 14.

Here the Pictures

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

hope you like it. i'll hone this soon and try to shave tonight or tomorrow!

What a fine looking blade. I really love the logo on the back of the tang, very different. Hope it turns into a great shaver for you:001_smile

Very nice razor. It's probably very old.

The Guillermo and Guillermo Hoppe razors were made by Wilhelm Hoppe and Co. This razor has the Wilhelm Hoppe logo below the Guillermo Hoppe tang stamp. I don't recognize the logo on the other side of the tang. I've also seen Guillermo razors with the Henckels Twins logo.

nice... but what attracted my attention was the paper behind the blade...what is it for? it looks like a enlarged scale. how do you use it?

Timo, that's a real nice razor. Mine is almost the same model. I found it in NY and got it for next to nothing, although you can see mine was somewhat more used. It appears that the tip is muted by design. I got it all cleaned up, honed up and used it for the first time a couple days ago. A heavy, large blade and fine shave. A definite keeper.

Telly, what was the WH Co? Did they commission these razors from Henkels?

...Ray

Top Bottom