What's new

A Tabac Kind of Day...

It's getting closer to winter, the trees are almost bare, and there's frost on the car windows in the morning (sorry, no pumpkins!). So it just seemed like a good day to try an all-Tabac shave. Tabac Soap, a Feather blade in my EJ DE89L, a nice badger brush to whip up a big bowl full of lather, and all followed up with an invigorating splash of Tabac Aftershave and a spritz of Tabac EDC to finish it up. That was almost 9 hours ago, my face is still smooth and soft, and I'm still enjoying the faint smell of Tabac. Mmmmmm....good stuff! :thumbup:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Cool morning in Florida called for the Tabac shave stick here too! Finished with Alt Innsbruck which pairs nicely, and to top it off, Tabac Hair Cream! It is fantastic!!!

Tabac (or any other) hair cream would be wasted on me! :001_rolle
Cool morning in Florida called for the Tabac shave stick here too! Finished with Alt Innsbruck which pairs nicely, and to top it off, Tabac Hair Cream! It is fantastic!!!
Going to have to try the Alt-Innsbruck with the Tabac Soap...sounds like a winner!

Ah! Too funny! I, too, went with Tabac for the first time in several weeks. After a cold surf, I came home for a hot shave and shower. I went with Tabac cream (fair latherer at best - worst lathering cream I own), a new Feather in my HD (used a Tech all last week), C&E Best badger brush, warm G5 scuttle, some Logistics preshave oil, and went to town. Finished up with some witch hazel and Bay Rum. I am enjoying the Bay Rum and Tabac scents a couple of hours later! The Tabac scent actually dominates the Bay Rum! Great cold weather shave!

Last edited:
Wow. Just Wow.

I am green with envy. I've been loving the Tabac soap the past 3 days and almost bought the cologne at the mall wednesday but couldn't get the money out of my wallet (I'm a cheapo I guess) at mall prices.

I used it this morning for the first time....ever!!!

The only other soap I have used was VdH and it didn't lather at all for me. First time using Tabac, I had enough cushy lather to do 3 full passes plus a touch up pass.

Oh yeah, the smell is not as strong as I was anticipating. I actually kind of like it even though my wife says it smells like old people butt cream...:lol:

I have put Tabac on hold until the end of this month. I did have to remove it and several other of my favourite soaps from the bathroom to cut down the possibility of me straying from the straight and narrow though. :thumbup1:

My last tabac shaving stick is in my lost luggage somewhere between Seoul and Trondheim. :sad:

Edit: Received my luggage one day later. Tabac and owner are doing well.

Last edited:
My late morning Sunday shave is due and I'm going for the Tabac again!

ADD: Used twice as much cream as yesterday and got a great lather.

Last edited:
I finally completed my Tabac collection.

Shave cream.
Shave soap in dish.
Aftershave.
Colognes (new and vintage.)
EdT.
Hair cream.

:w00t:

Top Bottom