What's new

I hate wearing a tie!

No matter how good a shave I get, by lunch time, the rubbing of a shirt and tie combined with fast growing hairs on the neck are a recipe for redness and irritation.

I wish I did not have to wear this stupid tie... or shave at all for that matter :001_huh:

I guess I don't have that much of a neck beard. I enjoy wearing a tie. I've got a dozen or so from the art museum gift shop. The women get to come over and admire my artsy ties and smell my cologne or EdT. Now I just need to pick up a pocket watch since we're getting into three piece suit weather.

I love wearing ties. The company I work for is very casual though. However, on occasion I need to wear one for certain business functions.

WHATTTTT!

You wouldn't want to shave anymore?
I wish I could shave everyday...
My hairs just don't grow that fast.

I have to shave ever second day. If I shave the day after (when my shadow is just appearing) my face feels like crap and I get redness and irritation.

But, I could only imagine, because my neck is not hair at all. So wearing a Tie does seem like a hassel when the hairs are growing back!

I hate wearing a tie and or doing up the top button of my shirt. Nothing to do with it irritating my neck , I just don't like it.

I have the same issue with neck irritation. I'm going to try a 1/2" larger neck size on my next shirt and see how that works. I have noticed that applying WH and then ASB after the WH dries does help greatly.

I hate wearing a tie. As a pharmaceutical rep, I have to wear a suit and tie everyday.

I am interviewing for another job in the medical field. I will hear Monday or Tuesday if I got the job. One of the many benefits of the job over my current one is no suit and tie.:thumbup1:

I love my ties, suits, shirts, cuff links, shoes, etc.
I think it just takes getting some nice stuff to really appreciate them.

Try powdering your neck. I use clubman talc, and it makes quite a difference for me.

+1!!! There was a thread about this in the Haberdashery forum a year or so ago. I found that I should probably be wearing a shirt with a neck that is 1/2 inch larger. Most importantly, powder up that neck!

I just went through this problem last night. I shaved Friday, used a little bit of baby powder and wore a tux shirt with no problems. Did not shave Saturday morning and wore a tux shirt again last night and forgot to powder. Red spots all along the neckline when I got home.

I think you may see a difference if you do one or both of these things.

Let us know what happens.

Sax

P.S. someone had posted in that thread that you should be able to turn your head without the tie and shirt turning, also. If they turn, then you probably need a bigger neck size.

Made my second career becoming a college professor- no more suits and ties after 20+ years:001_rolle

Agreed! I became a high school teacher as a second career (after 27 years as an engineer for a power company) and now wear a tie only on Sundays and on the first day of each semester. Other than the times I get to dress in my tuxedo, I don't wear a tie. Personally, I believe ties are an instrument of the devil.

Since high school I have had to wear a tie. I also have to wear one to work. So for the past 15 years I have been wearing one.. I don't mind them at all...

The general rule of thumb is... after you button the top collar button you should be able to put two fingers easily between the collar and the neck. if you can't do this then you need to go up half and inch in neck size. This same rule applies after you put the tie on. :thumbup:

For at least the last two decades, probably more, whenever I see someone wearing a tie in the offices of one of my clients, I assume that person is being interviewed for a job or a salesman.

--james

Make sure your collar is big enough as mentioned above. You can also let your aftershave dry and put talc on your lower neck. Clubman talc is nice and it's so fine that it "fades" pretty quickly but it continues to work.

Top Bottom