What's new

New Olympic Gold Medal record for a host Country

+1

It will be a fun day at the office tomorrow (as I'm a Canadian in D.C). I'll have to remember this stat when everyone else is looking at the overall medal count

:a7:

:001_smile

+1

It will be a fun day at the office tomorrow (as I'm a Canadian in D.C). I'll have to remember this stat when everyone else is looking at the overall medal count

:a7:

:001_smile

Not to mention the medals per-capita stat!

Yay Canada!!!!!!!!!!!

What a game!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I just got through watching the Hockey Final having blocked my ears all day as I was tied up doing other stuff. Wow that was a game I hope to remember. Tomorrow members of each team will be back at it as teammates in the NHL. I am danged happy Canada won but I think if anything the love of Hockey brings countries together.

Sooooo thoroughly enjoyed the Olympics. There were so many wonderfully inspiring performances from athletes from many of the countries... I mean, seriously... the woman who wiped out in a cross country skiing practice and went on to compete with broken ribs and a punctured lung and won a medal? Awesome. Absolutely awesome.

Of course I'm pleased with Canada's performance. It was great to watch the Olympics with my 6 year old son. He'll have memories of some of the moments from these games with him for rest of his life.

Now, if I could only think of a way to get all those male Canadian Olympians to SHAVE DAMMIT!

Top Bottom