What's new

How often do you get a new wallet?

I'm in the 10+ year club too. I don't carry my wallet in my pants pockets so they last forever. I had my truck broken into about 7 years ago and they got my wallet from the console. After going through what it took to resolve everything, I carry very little info and cash with me now....license, debit card, Costco card, and a $20. Everything else stays home.

I've had the same black leather wallet for 12+ years or so... and before that a brown leather one that lasted through high school and most of college... They do seem to last!

I'm in the 10+ year club too. I don't carry my wallet in my pants pockets so they last forever. I had my truck broken into about 7 years ago and they got my wallet from the console. After going through what it took to resolve everything, I carry very little info and cash with me now....license, debit card, Costco card, and a $20. Everything else stays home.

Good point. I think the duration of a wallet depends a lot on how much you cram into it. I have license, debit card, emergency credit card, health insurance card, AAA card, and school ID, and it's still under 1/2" thick. I bought a small wallet precisely so I wouldn't be able to overstuff it. :001_cool:

I usually buy a Gurka. As long as you don't try to jam way too much into them a quality wallet can last a long time. Mine usually last 20+ years and even then they are not terribly worn.

I had an Amity trifold for 19 years, last few years it had holes in the corners of the folds.

Hope I get so long with the Cabelas Kangaroo Leather Bifold my girlfriend bought me for Christmas.

I usually buy a new one when they are really falling apart. The one I have right now was actually a Christmas present from my manager. Little did she know that I needed one.

On a somewhat funny note, I bought a black croc print Perry Ellis wallet in 2005. I lost the wallet during the transit strike in New York City due to placing the wallet in my coat pocket, and running from the last car to the first car to reach my stop. Although I had a cheap replacement wallet at home, the first purchase I made after getting paid was a replacement wallet of the Perry Ellis one.

You fine gentlemen persuaded me to thin mine out tonight and give it a light treatment of leather conditioner. It looks much better and may actually last quite awhile.

My dad has had his wallet for as long as I have been alive (20+ years). Of course, he keeps it stuffed with all sorts of receipts he doesn't need (this is a man who still has his checkbooks from 1982). His wallet is in horrible shape. It's ripped and torn and way too stretched (from the receipts and unused cards he keeps in it).

I have one in my back pocket every day of the week and it is stuffed with waaaay toooo many receipts, business cards, credit cards, licenses, etc. I usually have to replace them every 5 years or so. That's usually when my wife gets on my case and says that I absolutely have to get a new wallet to keep me from embarrassing her.

I get a new one when the one that I am using breaks...of course I use rubberbands though. Its the greatest wallet ever. The best ones come off asparagus or broccoli bunches.

I used to go through every 2-3 years, but a couple years back I got talked into a high end Ferragamo that's some sort of processed leather. It shows not one sign of wear whatsoever.

Got about 3 years out of a guess wallet, but been beating my dockers leather wallet for about 8 years now. Made it a thin weekend wallet because of my new spec-ops wallet. Carries everything including a passport; perfect size for my camouflage pants. Built to be indestructible.

I've had two wallets in my entire life. The first was a denim velcro wallet I got when I was about 12 years old and had until I was about 24. I replaced that with the leather Dockers wallet that I've now had for the last 9 years. Trendy and stylish I ain't. :laugh:

I think how long your wallet lasts really depends on how much stuff you carry. I have a slim wallet and only carry my driver's license, my student ID, my credit card, and a $20 bill. It has lasted me for a few years and was only $20.

I'm going on 10 or 11 years with my made in the USA Amity trifold from Walmart. I started out with it holding my learner's permit! I own others that I've bought or received as gifts, but I keep coming back to this one. I don't keep a lot of stuff in mine, so it doesn't wear like others'.

Depends of course on the quality of wallet you buy, I've had my current Fossil wallet for about 2 years and I see it lasting at least 5.

As far as wallets are concerned I replace mine regularly by comparison to the gentlemen here. To be quite honest though, I hate them. They are never big enough, durable enough, or a sound investment. I am honestly thinking of getting a large one from saddleback leather company and never buying another one again unless it is either lost or stolen.

Top Bottom