What's new

anyone had cupping (hijamah) done?

I would be nervous about infection with all the bloodletting going on. Particularly with shared equipment. Sterilization of surgical equipment in a hospital setting is very rigorous with autoclaves running at 270+ degrees F. Sometimes strong chemical sterilizers are also used. There's good reasons for that level of caution.

Plus, it always bothers me when people make claims about health treatments without being able to explain how they actually work.
Leech therapy seems to be popular too, in theory it's the same thing,
Im quite an open minded guy is even give leech therapy a go, why not lol 😆

Yea one hijamah therapist I spoke to the other day said that with plastic cups you can control the suction pressure i.e more or less where ad with glasses you can't, didn't think of thatmyself before tbh
It is not possible to increase the vacuum with glass cups, but by releasing a bit you can lower the pressure

Reactions: saj

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Used to go to a TCM doctor (TCM= traditional Chinese Medicine, she actually was trained as a neuro-surgeon, but In China they all go through the TCM training). I got an acupuncture treatment, Tui-Na and Cupping. Never felt better after these treatments.
Should go back I think.

The important thing with alternative treatments like these is to go to the best clinic you can find. There is strong peer-reviewed, control tested scientific evidence that expensive fake medicine is more effective than cheap fake medicine. Even just taking sugar pills that are packaged expensively will give better outcomes than the same sugar pills in cheap packaging.

Unless you really have a serious medical condition. Then you should go to a proper doctor. They don’t know very much but at least they know something and you will get real medicine.

forgot to post this but anyone else noticed the cupping marks on the boxer amirs khan body when he fought vs kell brook last saturday night?

Yes I had it done once, by a fellow physician. Just to try it as I was fatigued. Did feel better afterwards tbh.

Reactions: saj
Rather than pay for this you could just bang your head against the wall repeatedly. Then stop. It feels great to not bang your head any more. Same thing as cupping - you feel good when it stops.

Top Bottom