What's new

Add me to the list of SOC Mistura owners !

There's a lot of love among our B & B community members for the Semogue SOC Mistura brush.
After reading loads of positive and uplifting comments on several different threads, I decided it
was time to add another brush to my collection. Do I "need" another brush ? ..... of course not.
Do I deserve to be good to myself and buy a gift "from me to me ?" ..... Yes indeed ! :thumbup::thumbup:
Here she is right out of the box. My initial thoughts are "WOW !, she is a beauty."

606C894F-923E-475B-8209-C487465FDE6C.jpeg
2EE2FEFA-16B0-48FE-9B45-E609444D63F5.jpeg

Congrats!

BTW, have you considered joining the SOCtober challenge?

Okay, so I know that with a new brush, you're supposed to soak it, condition it, baby it, and break it in .....
..... all before the first shave. But, feeling like a little kid again with a new toy, I just couldn't wait. So,
about a dozen swirls in my tub of Mike's Lavender, and then a magnificent face lather. First try, and I am
already loving this brush. Everything about it seems pretty darn perfect ! I know, only time will tell and
YMMV, etc., etc.. But, I must admit that right from the start, this is an awesome brush.
I started this thread with two pix right out of the box. Here she is after swirling in the soap, and then her
first "bloom" after the shave. I am definitely a happy camper !

5051B8E6-ABB3-4DA5-8238-E9BC693343E9.jpeg
749BCAF8-29CB-4675-BABE-2AF63564583D.jpeg

I didn't buy another brush for nearly a year after getting my Mistura. The next brush I bought was a backup. Probably ought to have stopped right there, as nothing I've purchased since has been an improvement.

That is exactly the experience I had with my first brand new SOC Mistura. There are many different types of brush available, with different characteristics, but I feel it would be no hardship if the SOC Mistura became the only shaving brush available. Even the handle design, materials and build quality feel premium and I never feel like I am slumming it compared to an expensive artisan brush. What a superb value this brush is.

I say get the Taj handle version as well. It’s really lovely.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Congrats and great review and pics. I’m a mistura fan too. Butterscotch. I’ve toyed with the idea of getting a second almost since I got the first because I like it so much. I definitely fall into your camp @Adam18 of not needing another brush let alone a backup. Then there’s the taj handle or the wood to consider too. But I really like the butterscotch so it’s another back of the brain thing I can’t forget.
But the focus for sure is what a wonderful brush it is. I don’t reach for anything else these days and to mix it up I almost have to force myself. I’m also glad that it lived up to and in fact surpassed the hype of a few threads. However many of the reviews I read here were from solid users who spent extensive time using it and considering the brush so it felt like a safe move. I’m slowly talking myself into that backup again now. 🙄

I enjoyed reading your thoughts, thank you. But I have to question my reasoning on reading this thread. I have plenty of brushes. I don’t need another. But thank you for helping me come to my senses & realize I should get another brush. Thank you, Adam. And your Mistura is beautiful.

Top Bottom