What's new

What is your blade gap on your Wolfman WR2?

What is your blade gap on your Wolfman WR2?

• Total voters
Not possible... 1.65 is the highest gap that is attainable for the WR2 according to James!! There are a few lucky owners out there and say it is as smooth as any other gapped WR2 made...
Interesting. I am a happy owner of a 1.65 WR2, but was thinking of asking if he could go higher. I guess I have my answer. I can attest, even at 1.65 it is a very smooth shave.

Has anyone tried the YATES 921-EH? Which Wolfman gap is it most similar to?

The Yates has a gap of 1.28 and positive exposure, it's my favorite razor currently and I was curious to see which Wolfman it might compare to.

My first Wolfman is the 1.25 WR2 with solid 90mm WRH2, and couldn't shave with it without drawing blood. My next Wolf is the 1.05 WR2 with the Darwin handle and it wouldn't cut my beard. I ordered my third Wolf 1.15 WR2 with the hollow 80mm WRH2, and while waiting for it I switched handles on the first two. The 1.25 is amazing on 2+ days growth with the Darwin now, but the 1.05 is still worthless to me even with the heavier solid 90mm WRH2. The 1.15 with hollow 80mm WRH2 is the perfect everyday razor for me, and I'm thinking about getting the WR1 next. The .74 gap is what I was leaning towards, but I'm wondering if it would be too much for me? I've always purchased and had great luck with large gaps, so I'm wondering if the .74 WR1 80mm hollow WRH1 would work out for me? Any thoughts?

My first Wolfman is the 1.25 WR2 with solid 90mm WRH2, and couldn't shave with it without drawing blood. My next Wolf is the 1.05 WR2 with the Darwin handle and it wouldn't cut my beard. I ordered my third Wolf 1.15 WR2 with the hollow 80mm WRH2, and while waiting for it I switched handles on the first two. The 1.25 is amazing on 2+ days growth with the Darwin now, but the 1.05 is still worthless to me even with the heavier solid 90mm WRH2. The 1.15 with hollow 80mm WRH2 is the perfect everyday razor for me, and I'm thinking about getting the WR1 next. The .74 gap is what I was leaning towards, but I'm wondering if it would be too much for me? I've always purchased and had great luck with large gaps, so I'm wondering if the .74 WR1 80mm hollow WRH1 would work out for me? Any thoughts?
+1 on the WR2 1.15.
It balances a happy medium between too aggressive and too mild. I love mine!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
+1 on the WR2 1.15.
It balances a happy medium between too aggressive and too mild. I love mine!
I love my 1.15 as well! Even though I have 1.25 too, the 1.15 is still the favorite between the two. I have just used the 1.25 in my rotation for a couple of weeks to see if its going to be a keeper, and I believe I am coming to like it more and more as I continue to use it. However, the entire apple cart may get spilled over as I have a 1.55 on its way here from Wolfman as we speak.

I had a dilemma whether to choose the 1.15SB or 1.35SB gap. But luckily I have 1.35SB and am impressed with the wolf. It is very efficient, smooth is my everyday wolf with Karve G and F. Another wolf is 1.55 sb from Darwin's hilt. I became a fan of the wolf, although I was skeptical at first, but the wolf is in a class of its own

I have been told a .74 is close to a 1.15 WR2. I have a 1.15 and 1.25, as well as a WR1 .80 OC. The .80 is closer to the 1.25. Feels a little more aggressive than the 1.25, more blade feel…. but has similar shave results. So I think is safe to say the .74 is closer to the 1.15.
Thank you sir

Top Bottom