What's new

OCtober 2021

OCtober Shave #2

Pre: Shower
Razor: Karve CB Aluminum OC C-Plate
Blade: Gillette 7’ o’clock Sharp Edge (1)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Cream: TOBS Lime Zest
Splash: Stirling Black Pepper Lime
Face Lather

Also : SS Measuring spoon for scooping creams and travel shave bowl for brush hydration

I LOVE a nice lime shave as early in the day as I can get it. I find them very uplifting and energizing.
F41EB29A-1CE4-4038-AB9E-840D4FD31D58.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
OCtober Shave #2

Pre: Shower
Razor: Karve CB Aluminum OC C-Plate
Blade: Gillette 7’ o’clock Sharp Edge (1)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Cream: TOBS Lime Zest
Splash: Stirling Black Pepper Lime
Face Lather

Also : SS Measuring spoon for scooping creams and travel shave bowl for brush hydration

I LOVE a nice lime shave as early in the day as I can get it. I find them very uplifting and energizing.
View attachment 1339843
That is another beautiful razor.... I think I hear my lovely War Department coming, so I gotta close this window...

Razor: Blackland Blackbird brass w/OC plate
Blade: Lord Platinum
Brush: Semogue C5 Torga Mistura
Soap: Arianna & Evans Kaizen
Aftershave: Thayer's Cucumber Witchhazel

proxy.php

The best OC razor one could get I think; not the most comfortable, but the results blow everything else out of the water for me. The lack of comfort may be a good thing since it reminds me to ease up on the pressure which I might forget about occasionally with other razors. Very much a "gentle on the skin, devastating on the beard" scenario, much like the Silver Star and Lord Platinum blades I've used recently

Razor: Kampfe Bros. Star HR-14B Lather Catcher
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Heather
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20211003_080652.jpg

A great shave with the gentle giant - Game Changer 84 Open Comb.

IMG_20211004_231027.jpg

For me this razor is as close to an Adjustable razor as possible without the pesky issue of blade chatter.

It behaves quite differently with Feather, Nacet and Gillette 7 O'clock Black blades and it's a great thing for me, that way I'm able to adjust the closeness of the shaves as required.

Stirling Duke and I've come to the terms and now I'm just enjoying the shaves without thinking about finding out how many shaves this tub will give.

Proraso Professional Boar brush is still break-in progressing and yet the lather is excellent. Best $10 spent ever!

Nacet: I've lost count of number of shaves with the blade. Shaves are very crisp and I'm monitoring it closely, I'll toss it as soon as I get a hint of tugging or skipping.

Most importantly, I'm not looking to extend the number of shaves and just enjoying the shaves.

OCt 3 - my wildest OC find
Gillette Cavalier / Gillette Platinum (1)
Prep with an SOC boar in break-in phase
Tabac tallow stick / Ever-Ready reknotted in black badger
alum, witch hazel, Sudsy Soapery Lemon Rose Chypre
View attachment 1339583
View attachment 1339584
The etching on that cap is fantastic! I'm a sucker for a good fleur de lis, and that's what it looks like to me...

SOTD
  • FOCS Chrome - OCtober
  • Nacet (1)
  • Tallowbac - Tabactober
  • SOC Taj Boar - SOCtober
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Orange Chill ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
Four days ago, I used a GSB in the Rockwell 6S; the shave was sublime. Feeling emboldened, I used the GSB for my first OCtober shave in my FOCS; the shave was a bloody mess (literally and figuratively).

I waited a few days to let things heal, then shaved with a fresh Nacet today; all the other kit was the same. As expected, the Nacet behaved as a blade should. It was efficient, present, but not bitey. One pass (just to be conservative) and I was out the door with SAS+.

So. Much. Better.

Tomorrow will see a return to my usual two-passes-with-touch-up routine, using my preferred-for-a-reason Nacet.

Onward!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Razor: Kampfe Bros. Star HR-14B Lather Catcher
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Heather
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
View attachment 1339890
That is a COOL looking razor my friend! Is it modified in any way?

Top Bottom