What's new

Single Edge SEptember 2021

Several Single-blade Schick injectors Snuck into my Shack in September. Some Super Shaves from the first Single-blade Shaver I Sampled So far, the Schick G. Trotter Synthetic brush, hand crafted black locust handle. Simply Stunning.
IMG_20210926_102649794.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday injector shave, SEptemper 26th 2021, When I use the injecto-matic it came N.O.Stock I believe, it still had the blank installed + a pamphlet in the case. The Pal branch of ASR spent over 1 million dollars designing this razor and tooling it up in the 1950's. (click on pictures to enlarge)
Pal Injecto-matic ASR Mfg1958.jpg Pal injecto-matic instructions 2 (2).jpg Pal injecto-matic instructions (2).jpg PAL injecto-matic instructions 3 (2).jpg

Razor: Pal injecto-matic, Mfg 1952>? tame mid range injector, nice grip on this handle, great design, interesting history.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out over time + predictable.
Soap: Ach Brito Lavada cream, nice mild scent of lavander + great lather quality's.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Atlantis, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavada with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturiser balm(excellent balm + scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS, + minor irritation + blemish weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Pal injecto-matic with a Personna coated blade.

SOTD,  Sep 26th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Several Single-blade Schick injectors Snuck into my Shack in September. Some Super Shaves from the first Single-blade Shaver I Sampled So far, the Schick G. Trotter Synthetic brush, hand crafted black locust handle. Simply Stunning.
View attachment 1334706

Like you, many have found the injectors, and the Type G in particular, to be outstanding razors. Welcome to the Schick Show! 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: ewk
Sunday injector shave, SEptemper 26th 2021, When I use the injecto-matic it came N.O.Stock I believe, it still had the blank installed + a pamphlet in the case. The Pal branch of ASR spent over 1 million dollars designing this razor and tooling it up in the 1950's. (click on pictures to enlarge)
Pal Injecto-matic ASR Mfg1958.jpg Pal injecto-matic instructions 2 (2).jpg Pal injecto-matic instructions (2).jpg PAL injecto-matic instructions 3 (2).jpg

Razor: Pal injecto-matic, Mfg 1952>? tame mid range injector, nice grip on this handle, great design, interesting history.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out over time + predictable.
Soap: Ach Brito Lavada cream, nice mild scent of lavander + great lather quality's.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Atlantis, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavada with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturiser balm(excellent balm + scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS, + minor irritation + blemish weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Pal injecto-matic with a Personna coated blade.

SOTD,  Sep 26th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Thanks for posting the pamphlet! Man, if that doesn't whet your appetite for an Injecto-magic, I don't know what will! I think I may be on the hunt now for this interesting historical piece. According to a site called Dollar Times, $1 million in in 1955 is roughly $10 million today!!

Razor: Schick C2 Simplified Automatic Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210925_081916.jpg

SEptember 4 shave.

A bummer of a situation happened yesterday. I was trying to load a Schick blade into my Supply razor and it started going in above the old blade. So I removed the new blade, tightened the screw a bit and tried again with the same result. Then I removed the plate to put the blade in by hand. Instead of setting the razor down to put the new blade in I held it by the head and it slipped out of my hand falling on the tile floor. This bent the head a bit so I used pliers to fix this, but for some reason didn't think to use a cloth or towel to protect the razor. So I ended up scratching the finish.

I shaved with it this morning and it actually performed well and didn't cause any irritation. The only problem is that this is the alloy version so I'm not sure about its longevity. Fortunately I got it used at half its original price a couple months ago. Well, live and learn.

View attachment 1322611

Bummer about dropping the razor. With Supply when I've used Schick blades, I've had to manually load by removing the plate. I've since gone back to work the Blades from supply which give me two solid weeks of excellent shaves as opposed to the five to seven shaves from the schick's. There's Other things about the Schick pairing with my Supply 2.0 I'm not thrilled about. Supply CO. has teased about an announcement. I think they may be launching a new design.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge SEptember 2021
20210926_171631~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey The Favorite (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Epsilon Scottish Spirit
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray
20210926_171813~2.jpg

Superb shave! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Razor: Wilkinson Bonded Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Bonded Single Edge Cartridge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
View attachment 1333627
Those Wilkinson's are a great razor. It's the only cartridge I will use anymore.:thumbup:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (5)
Maggards 30mm synthetic brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: face wash with PdP Milk bath soap
Pre-shave: refined shea butter
Lather: ARKO!
Post-shave: hot shower
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: refined shea butter

Bummer about dropping the razor. With Supply when I've used Schick blades, I've had to manually load by removing the plate. I've since gone back to work the Blades from supply which give me two solid weeks of excellent shaves as opposed to the five to seven shaves from the schick's. There's Other things about the Schick pairing with my Supply 2.0 I'm not thrilled about. Supply CO. has teased about an announcement. I think they may be launching a new design.

Fortunately the razor still works well, the scratches aren't deep and I wipe the razor off after every use. I prefer the Schick adjustable due to it being lighter and easier loading. It'll be interesting to see if Supply does a redesign.

SEptember 27 (23rd SE shave)
This morning I lathered MDC Rose with my Paladin 2xl 28mm Strawberry Amber for a great lather/experience.
Once my lather was ready, I removed all stubble with some MMOC/PTFE passes that left my face very smooth and comfortable. Ramblin’ Man finished a fine shave.
35591859-83FF-44EF-918B-D33E2021E3F5.jpeg
F319ED4E-FACD-40FD-B8D9-E16B58585D6B.jpeg
11EAC7C8-DDEF-4762-A0C7-FBF7B35473B3.jpeg

Top Bottom