What's new

A rather unusual PIF...

Not in, but kudos for a very cool and unusual PIF.

I took typing my senior year in high school (63-64) and despite using typewriters in college, PCs at work since the mid 80s, and owning/building them since the 90s, my typing skills have regressed since high school. In my working years, I compensated for my poor typing skills with macros and shortcuts. Now retired, I'm still using Office 97, and playing 20 year old pc games, so I'm perfectly happy with my cheaper, lighted, brown switch keyboard. I'll leave the PIF to someone who can make the most use of it.

Once you go lighted, and/or mechanical, you'll never go back.

Last edited:
Which games are these? I tend to prefer old games when I play, but the last timed I've played a game was... a few years ago?

In my mid 70s, and love the old pc games from the 90s and early 00. I still have a lot of old game discs, but couldn't get them to install after a rebuild from XP to 7. I'm currently enjoying Diablo 2 from 2000 and loving it. I normally play games on Steam (mostly Skyrim, Portal and Portal 2), but I ordered this one thru Battlenet for $10. Best part is I don't have to log into Battlenet to play. A desktop icon loads it very fast. I will eventually spend another $10 for the LoD expansion. Unfortunately, an old favorite, the original Diablo (with the Hellfire expansion) isn't available.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
In my mid 70s, and love the old pc games from the 90s and early 00. I still have a lot of old game discs, but couldn't get them to install after a rebuild from XP to 7. I'm currently enjoying Diablo 2 from 2000 and loving it. I normally play games on Steam (mostly Skyrim, Portal and Portal 2), but I ordered this one thru Battlenet for $10. Best part is I don't have to log into Battlenet to play. A desktop icon loads it very fast. I will eventually spend another $10 for the LoD expansion. Unfortunately, an old time favorite, the original Diablo (with the Hellfire expansion) isn't available.

Diablo 2, wow... I think I remember the original Diablo. Man, that's some antique stuff.

But I used to play for the longest a combat jet simulator game made in 1997 - Amazon.com: FA-18 Korea : Video Games - https://www.amazon.com/Graphic-Simulations-FA-18-Korea/dp/B000M6RV22

And by the way, I played a great many flight simulators after that, but not one came to the level of that 1997 game. It had a real magic about it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Well, the winner with post number 18 is @Rhody
He will be getting a PM from me.
I want to thank all the forum members who participated, and those who encourage me to keep my PIF tradition. :thumbup1:
Thanks so much. I was stunned to see this. Dare I admit that I sort of forgot about this until now. I’m very grateful and look forward very much to try this super fancy keyboard out.
thanks again @Space_Cadet

This was very thoughtful and generous of you.

I've been casually researching certain types of keyboards for a few years and learning of some rare and Holy Grail type stuff and may make a jump to something special some day.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well, the winner with post number 18 is @Rhody
He will be getting a PM from me.
I want to thank all the forum members who participated, and those who encourage me to keep my PIF tradition. :thumbup1:
Oh. My friend. You absolutely HAVE to keep it up!

I looked up PIF in the dictionary, and your picture was in it! In FULL COLOR! True story doggone!

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Oh. My friend. You absolutely HAVE to keep it up!

I looked up PIF in the dictionary, and your picture was in it! In FULL COLOR! True story doggone!

Have to get me a copy of that dictionary, future generations might think my story is just an urban legend...

Top Bottom