What's new

Marco Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
B&B Interviews - Meet member Marco

Marco has been a member of Badger and Blade since September 23, 2009

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I stumbled upon Badger & Blade by chance, while searching for information on some wet shaving products I was interested in. The very first post I read here was written by Mr B&B himself: @Jim ! I was immediately enchanted by his refined manners, kind words and polite behaviour. Today, I still consider Jim as the finest Gentleman of our beloved community and an admirable example to follow for all of us. Quite simply he is the best among the best.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?
I am a receptionist and night manager in a hotel. I've not been working in the last year due to the current Covid-19 pandemic. Hopefully, I'll start again around mid October, but the future is not clear and sure. It could also be that I'll have to change job.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?
I love the "Italian boot" from north to south! Each region has its unique beauties, quality food and exceptional craftsmen. Isn't this what we are famous for?

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would alternate between the United States of America and the United Kingdom. I adore the Anglo-Saxon culture entirely, the wonderful English language spoken here and the great people living into these two great countries.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?
I love travelling with my family, reading, studying English and playing chess. And, of course, I immensely love Badger & Blade.

06. What do you like best about being a member of Badger and blade?
The brotherhood spirit of our community, the willingness to help, the commitment to be the very best Gentleman possible.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?
Martin Luther King. His memorable speeches need no presentation. He is the "golden example" to imitate for past, present and future generations.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?
I'd like to come back to the US and visit the places of my childhood, bringing with me my wife and son. Once there, I'd love to personally meet my best B&B friends.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?
An old Italian saying is "la famiglia è tutto" = "family is everything". So, my greatest accomplishment in life is my family.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?
Words of wisdom from my Grandfather: "Be always humble, helpful and friendly. Be the best person you can, at all times".

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?
It would be nice to manipulate time, jump into the past and correct the mistakes done by humanity. The consequent world would certainly be a much better place where to live than what we have nowadays.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?
I love horses, their beauty, speed, strength and free spirit.

13. What kind of music do you like?
Opera. My three favourite tenors are Enrico Caruso, Franco Corelli and Mario Del Monaco.

To me these are the "Magnificent 3".

Enrico Caruso is the Father of the Great Italian Tenors. His personal story is also very touching: he left Italy as a poor man, reached the US and conquered the world, becoming rich and famous. He even had Tiffany make gold coins with his portrait on them. He asked a lot of money for singing, but always did it for free for his beloved Italian people living in America.

Franco Corelli's voice was the most expressive and captivating.

Mario Del Monaco's voice was just the most powerful of them all, no other tenor before, during and after had that unique explosive way of singing.

Below, 3 outstanding performances for you to enjoy:

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?
Sherlock Homes! I just adore this character with his powers of observation and deduction. His sharp reasoning easily explains the most difficult and challenging mysteries, finding a rational solution to any problem.

Below, 4 original advertisements for you from the Strand Magazine, where the Sherlock Holmes stories were first published.

500px-Strand-1914-09.jpg

Strand-1927-01.jpg

Strandus-1911-01.jpg

Strandus-1911-04.jpg

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?
"The humble servant committed to promoting first class Gentleman's behaviour".

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
@Marco - My friend, you live and model the Gentlemanly traits of kindness, culture, giving and acceptance. :thumbup:

It is truly an honor to have been able to visit and correspond with you - virtually so far and hopefully in person someday. :)

I always find it fascinating when somebody is genuinely interested in a culture other than their own. I wish, in the past, we were more open between our cultures instead of having to lose them to the salad bowl culture we now have in the US. I love going on a mini vacation to one of the remaining enclaves of another culture, in Ca we have many remnants due to the use of Asian labor to develop this state. I have always wanted to find a little slice of genuine Italian to visit, among others.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Opera. My three favourite tenors are Enrico Caruso, Franco Corelli and Mario Del Monaco.

Fantastic.

So many people nowadays get caught up in "the big three" ...
1632701512457.png

... that they forget that there were other great(er) tenors before them!

I am probably not telling you anything you don't know already, but ... Jussi Bjoerling and Fritz Wunderlich were two of the all-time greats too!

Excellent interview with an absolutely topnotch forum member. Thanks for this! It's fascinating.

It would be nice to manipulate time, jump into the past and correct the mistakes done by humanity. The consequent world would certainly be a much better place where to live than what we have nowadays.

Guessing you don't read novels about time travel. Spoiler: it never works out as you would expect.

B&B Interviews - Meet member Marco

View attachment 1334606

Marco has been a member of Badger and Blade since September 23, 2009

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I stumbled upon Badger & Blade by chance, while searching for information on some wet shaving products I was interested in. The very first post I read here was written by Mr B&B himself: @Jim ! I was immediately enchanted by his refined manners, kind words and polite behaviour. Today, I still consider Jim as the finest Gentleman of our beloved community and an admirable example to follow for all of us. Quite simply he is the best among the best.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?
I am a receptionist and night manager in a hotel. I've not been working in the last year due to the current Covid-19 pandemic. Hopefully, I'll start again around mid October, but the future is not clear and sure. It could also be that I'll have to change job.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?
I love the "Italian boot" from north to south! Each region has its unique beauties, quality food and exceptional craftsmen. Isn't this what we are famous for?

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would alternate between the United States of America and the United Kingdom. I adore the Anglo-Saxon culture entirely, the wonderful English language spoken here and the great people living into these two great countries.

05. Do you have any hobbies or past times?
I love travelling with my family, reading, studying English and playing chess. And, of course, I immensely love Badger & Blade.

06. What do you like best about being a member of Badger and blade?
The brotherhood spirit of our community, the willingness to help, the commitment to be the very best Gentleman possible.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?
Martin Luther King. His memorable speeches need no presentation. He is the "golden example" to imitate for past, present and future generations.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?
I'd like to come back to the US and visit the places of my childhood, bringing with me my wife and son. Once there, I'd love to personally meet my best B&B friends.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?
An old Italian saying is "la famiglia è tutto" = "family is everything". So, my greatest accomplishment in life is my family.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?
Words of wisdom from my Grandfather: "Be always humble, helpful and friendly. Be the best person you can, at all times".

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?
I love horses, their beauty, speed, strength and free spirit.

13. What kind of music do you like?

Enrico Caruso is the Father of the Great Italian Tenors. His personal story is also very touching: he left Italy as a poor man, reached the US and conquered the world, becoming rich and famous. He even had Tiffany make gold coins with his portrait on them. He asked a lot of money for singing, but always did it for free for his beloved Italian people living in America.

Franco Corelli's voice was the most expressive and captivating.

Mario Del Monaco's voice was just the most powerful of them all, no other tenor before, during and after had that unique explosive way of singing.

Below, 3 outstanding performances for you to enjoy:

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?
Sherlock Homes! I just adore this character with his powers of observation and deduction. His sharp reasoning easily explains the most difficult and challenging mysteries, finding a rational solution to any problem.

Below, 4 original advertisements for you from the Strand Magazine, where the Sherlock Holmes stories were first published.

View attachment 1334607

View attachment 1334608

View attachment 1334610

View attachment 1334611

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?
"The humble servant committed to promoting first class Gentleman's behaviour".

You’re a class act, @Marco!

Top Bottom