What's new

Muhle R41 Stainless

I love my R41 and so far, see no reason to upgrade to the R41 stainless. Are there any other benefits to upgrading? Does the R41 stainless, shave better? Does it provide a closer or more comfortable shave?

So I just got one, and no there isn't much of a difference, with that being said the GS is slightly more aggressive by about 5% then the regular version (2013). However I am disappointed with the handle as I find it too slippery so I am back using my regular 41 with an Ikon handle.

Attachments

• 20210906_125029.jpg
    20210906_125029.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 40
  • 20210920_192536.jpg
    20210920_192536.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
So I just got one, and no there isn't much of a difference, with that being said the GS is slightly more aggressive by about 5% then the regular version (2013). However I am disappointed with the handle as I find it too slippery so I am back using my regular 41 with an Ikon handle.

Was the 2013 R41 less aggressive? I thought it was more aggressive than the current R41?

How a razor shaves is determined by its dimensions and design. A stainless R41 should shave just about the same as a Zamak R41, or a brass R41, by the same maker.

There is always marketing confusion to consider. RazorRock has a "Lupo aluminum", a "SS Lupo 72" (with .72mm blade gap), and a "SS Lupo 95" (with .95mm blade gap). The aluminum Lupo is milder than either of the SS Lupo's.

Why don't you just use the GS head (cap + plate) with the Ikon handle?
that combo will also be all-stainless!
That way you'll get a closer shave but with a good grip from the handle ..win-win

Cheers!

Why don't you just use the GS head (cap + plate) with the Ikon handle?
that combo will also be all-stainless!
That way you'll get a closer shave but with a good grip from the handle ..win-win

Cheers!
Yes my friend I already ordered a new handle a bit longer.

I do trust it, however I opted for a slightly longer handle. The one I have is 85 mm the one I ordered is 91 mm and the original is 105 mm so I choose the right balance between length and weight.

I do trust it, however I opted for a slightly longer handle. The one I have is 85 mm the one I ordered is 91 mm and the original is 105 mm so I choose the right balance between length and weight.

I also find that the original Muhle handles are too slippery, that's why I also use the ikon handle.
Unlike you, I prefer the short 80mm ikon Bulldog (the Bulldogs come in 80mm and 85mm)
At first I used the ikon OSS 95mm handle but switched to the Bulldog.
If Muhle will release a regular R41 in stainless steel I'll surely buy it!
Enjoy it man

Top Bottom