What's new

Sometimes you lose...

BUT! Sometimes it's a calculated risk that pays off. $17 lottery ticket on a clearly busted blade.
20210925_221230.jpg

20210925_221801.jpg

We'll be makin' it natural. (Ain't it just about time?)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
A bit of welding and grinding should have that fixed in no time 😁.

Well that's what one of my cart shaving Filipino friends would say.

Can't tell from the pic, are they wafer thin? I have an old Helje that the scales are 1mm on the nose with a caliper.

I just bought a Dahlgren frameback for the scales, too, although it may be a serviceable blade after all.

Legion

Staff member
They do look ivory, but the pins seem to have a collar, which is unusual. Anyway, I'd say Ivory scales for $17 is a deal.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
They do look ivory, but the pins seem to have a collar, which is unusual. Anyway, I'd say Ivory scales for $17 is a deal.
There is only the pivot pin shown. That does not have a collar. What you see there appears to be the head of a nail.

Legion

Staff member
There is only the pivot pin shown. That does not have a collar. What you see there appears to be the head of a nail.
Ouch. You are right. Well hopefully nothing cracked, and a good deal on some usable scales. I have a couple of similar waiting for a deserving blade, which I recovered in the same way.

Ah, that gratifying feeling when the tension releases from the pivot without a snap! A toothbrush, some Dawn and a quick trip to the wheel with Novus 2 and we're good to go.
20210926_103901.jpg

Thought I had the perfect blade for them, but not today!
20210926_104359.jpg

What do you think? Are either of these blades worthy?
20210926_110018.jpg

20210926_110355.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Ah, that gratifying feeling when the tension releases from the pivot without a snap! A toothbrush, some Dawn and a quick trip to the wheel with Novus 2 and we're good to go.
View attachment 1334725
Thought I had the perfect blade for them, but not today!
View attachment 1334726
What do you think? Are either of these blades worthy?
View attachment 1334727
View attachment 1334728

Hey @CongaJon - maybe you do have a perfect blade. If you want a quick cheat, take some Kapton tape or clear packing tape and put a little piece inside the scales where that Kobar touches. You’ll be surprised how little it takes to raise the heel a little.

Good luck!

Speaking of losing…my five year old wanted me to build him a card castle. Why…I have no idea since we have never built card castles before.

I eventually came up with this…
8DC34B3C-2D68-488D-AA99-2B2430947D52.jpeg

He looked at me, shrugged, and said, “That’s a boring card castle.”

Does anyone have any clue how long it took to build this with five of the six different kids dive bombing me, fighting, bumping me or the table, and two crazy dogs doing the same?

Uggghhh!

Vr

Matt

Top Bottom