What's new

Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants! | Version 4 | 2021

SLANTember 25

Today, I brought out Col. Conk almond. I haven't had this soap out for a while; it turns out, almond isn't my favorite scent. I find that this soap needs above average loading. The fact that I used my Yaqi Moka Express badger exacerbated the soap loading situation. I shaved with a Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow in my Razorock German Slant. A light touch and taking my time delivered a DFS.

2021-09-25 13.50.41.jpg

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
8DF1B470-E4D0-4A79-9AF5-A130FDD06AB1.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapSalt Lake Amalfi Coast, Australia 🇦🇺
BrushBGB Fallen G6 Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorRazoRock German Slant, Canada 🇨🇦
BladeDerby Premium, Oman 🇴🇲
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 Proraso Balm Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceSquadron Soap Ace, Australia 🇦🇺
Rating8.5/10
I haven’t been in my Save Studio for a couple of months of days due to some illness. Today I decided that I would have some leisurely time mixing it up a bit. Using some different techniques for lathering and generally experimenting a little with soaps and brushes. I know why I love this hobby after spending the best part of the morning enjoying myself. A nice shave both head and face with pleasing results. Happy Shaves wherever you may be

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
0DBF8680-733C-4475-98BA-ACFF2D8A9790.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapNoble Otter Monarch, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB Sunset G6 Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorPAA Crimson Ghost, USA 🇺🇸
BladeDerby Premium, Oman 🇴🇲
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 Proraso Balm Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceRalph Lauren Polo Red, USA 🇺🇸
Rating8/10
Today it started pleasantly enough in the shave studio. Happily I went about my business getting shaved. During the shave I had a few moments when I was stalked by the home shavers natural enemy, a heinous predator known as the teenager daughter. Opening the studio door I heard that immortal words “Oh your here”. Fortunately she moved on quickly much to my relief allowing me to complete a work-a-day shave in peace.

Sept Slant Mon 27 SOTD
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Shark Super Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + PAA Cavendish Splash.
My number 1 soap! Really love this particular pipe-tobacco scent and the lather is top-notch too...very rich, creamy, and super slick...
A very good shave with this razor paired with the blade. Very easy, smooth, and comfortable 3passes for a bbs finish.
Would have been perfect except a bump was loped off...dang! The matching aftershave was just excellent!!
20210927_111449.jpg

Shaved before dinner!! (but still posted after @Chard52142 )

Wunderbar on Tibam handle
Kai 23
Murphy&McNeil Ouroboros
Witch hazel and Bootlegger's Green Freeze
6463755C-1786-4CC8-A615-B8E6CBBA0A55.jpeg

Right now my best performing slants in September are:
1) Wunderbar with a really old Kai
2) FOCS/Piccolo with a PolSilver
3) Wanton Tech with a Rapira Swedish Supersteel

Third place surprised me. I haven't really given that razor much attention. The blade is not a favorite.

The @Old Hippie favorite ATT S2 has yet to get its chance this month. I will queue up the S2 and the Wanton Tech, maybe even side by side. OCtober ahoy!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
SOTD: Wednesday September 1, 2021 (SLANTember 1st)
Razor: ATT X1 on WCS 84S handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (3)
Brush: Omega 10005 Boar
Soap: Yardley Almond

View attachment 1320938

Thought I'd start the month by lighting off a shave with the only single-edge slant out there. If I had an ATT X2 I would have a razor that would fit for SLANTember, SEptember and then OCtober. And I'd probably get bored outta my skull using the same razor for two months. I've scheduled every shave this month for a different razor, splitting my attention between slants and SE types. OCD? No, C-D-O is in proper alphabetical order.

O.H.

Is there an ATT X2?

I agree there should be.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom