What's new

New best-in-class: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream - an absolute game changer

Marco, This is the one sold at Costco:
proxy.php

Sorry I couldn't insert a smaller image
Thank you for the heads up on this.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Been loving nivea balm only one I like cause it does dry some and not leave something that sweats off to bad but is a bit like its ON your skin not in ! So this thread was very curious for me

SO got it tonight at costco while still on sale :) tried a bit tonight to see how it ab sorbs yeah no residue :)

excited to see how it does tomorrow after shaving :)
will use old spice splash then put some of this on see how that does ?
Then reckon next day going to try damp face and this and then old spice ?

Not really sure what order of stuff will work best but will figure it out :)

side note steak is back to crazy prices ! Bummer

Been loving nivea balm only one I like cause it does dry some and not leave something that sweats off to bad but is a bit like its ON your skin not in ! So this thread was very curious for me

SO got it tonight at costco while still on sale :) tried a bit tonight to see how it ab sorbs yeah no residue :)

I used exactly that the other day, used the old spice splash then the neutrogena..

today I used the neutrogena straight after the shave, allowed it to fully absorb (5 mins or so) then added the splash and found it better this way around

just dont overdo it or it will leave a slight residue.. just add enough to cover your face

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!

Please let us know what you think!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SO today I am in another blade test so using a blade that leave me a bit red rough
only used Old Spice splash and this (in that order)

I am 58 live in AZ so fight the dry air and age of skin a bit but I look young have good skin but I would call myself sensitive some stirlings have kinda done that burn my face(left it red and bad) and some products I do not get along with like allergy sensitive) reckon this info sometimes is handy :)

splash on old spice then immediately grabbed this stuff and dipped the finger and rubbed it in like I do balm so no patting but rubbing in all over so face was still damp with the AS splash figured less is more of this and spread around easier

my face feel about a hour later as I write this is WOW
if I have a bad shave such as today testing new blades and I rub my fingers ATG I can often feel that shave burn again ? today should be that day but its not there :) WOW strange its like my face feels at the end of the day not that I can tell I just shaved or had a bad shave day feel ?

like the OP the balms tend to have this on top feel some splashes do a bit more left than others and some splashes can almost be dry ? 4-8 hours later often my face has had a wash and has normalized if you want to call it that !

well an hour later its like HUH I am normalized its all good all smooth its like my skin jumped forward 8 hours and balanced itself !
as I lightly rub my face from my neck up past my cheeks no area has that I put something on it ? just SMOOOOOTH

so yeah hard to describe its like its comfort protected smooth but nothing there ? I dare say from one use todays bad shave almost a healing effect as I should have that hour later rub ATG feel it and I do not hmmmmmmmm

will be curious how it is throughout the day

OH my wife took the second jar :) hahahhahaha

I used exactly that the other day, used the old spice splash then the neutrogena..

today I used the neutrogena straight after the shave, allowed it to fully absorb (5 mins or so) then added the splash and found it better this way around

just dont overdo it or it will leave a slight residue.. just add enough to cover your face
good to hear :) it kinda makes sense that might be the best way as I prefer my balm then splash ! as I found that best and this is more like a super balm :)

yeah I am a less is more when it comes to any kinda cream or balm etc. :)

will try that as you said for sure also want to try splash directly after no waiting
so 3 ways to apply ? I do love testing things like this

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
SO today I am in another blade test so using a blade that leave me a bit red rough
only used Old Spice splash and this (in that order)

I am 58 live in AZ so fight the dry air and age of skin a bit but I look young have good skin but I would call myself sensitive some stirlings have kinda done that burn my face(left it red and bad) and some products I do not get along with like allergy sensitive) reckon this info sometimes is handy :)

splash on old spice then immediately grabbed this stuff and dipped the finger and rubbed it in like I do balm so no patting but rubbing in all over so face was still damp with the AS splash figured less is more of this and spread around easier

my face feel about a hour later as I write this is WOW
if I have a bad shave such as today testing new blades and I rub my fingers ATG I can often feel that shave burn again ? today should be that day but its not there :) WOW strange its like my face feels at the end of the day not that I can tell I just shaved or had a bad shave day feel ?

like the OP the balms tend to have this on top feel some splashes do a bit more left than others and some splashes can almost be dry ? 4-8 hours later often my face has had a wash and has normalized if you want to call it that !

well an hour later its like HUH I am normalized its all good all smooth its like my skin jumped forward 8 hours and balanced itself !
as I lightly rub my face from my neck up past my cheeks no area has that I put something on it ? just SMOOOOOTH

so yeah hard to describe its like its comfort protected smooth but nothing there ? I dare say from one use todays bad shave almost a healing effect as I should have that hour later rub ATG feel it and I do not hmmmmmmmm

will be curious how it is throughout the day

OH my wife took the second jar :) hahahhahaha
Outstanding review. Your experience with this remarkable product is the same as mine.

30 minutes after application, my face feels even better than it did before I shaved. Absolutely no stickiness or residue. Doesn't matter if the shave hurt, my skin just feels phenomenal.

SWMBO took one of mine too [emoji28]

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Do let us know whether splashes are best applied before or after!

so I eat OMAD it applies to this because I get done eating then I brush/floss and often splash my face with water as I am done touching my face in a sense for the day (ballpark 3-4 hours after wake shaving)

so a refresh for fun is just a splash of whatever After shave - today a bit of Fine American
noticed something interesting usually I notice Fine has a bit more feel of something on its very nice splash never drying like some can be for me but yeah totally dif feel today ! I so so so prefer this feel today !!! it also seemed to absorb way quicker usually fine takes 30 minutes or so on me to fully get in by the time I came downstairs it was smooth ! I am thinking now maybe balm is to blocking the skin ? hmmmmmmm

my thought why it's much more absorbed and smooth or less left on my face ? and I do this almost every day around this time rotating with Cella or Fine or Old Spice using up last of my stirling so I am very familiar with how it feels
only thing I can think of is unlike my usual morning Nivea is that nivea left a layer of something on my face that made it to now and is that on top balm thing ! so my refresh is/has been more on top of what nivea was left behind and since this Neutrogena absorbs so well the Fine was not on top of nivea left (hope that makes sense)

I do think most agree balms never seem to absorb again for me Nivea came closest so this theory makes sense why my refresh today was so different than I am used to

never ever been a cologne guy ? but I kinda wonder for some reason now at 58 I kinda like the scent thing ? I think I need to go down that rabbit hole hahahahahaah

I just want to thank the OP for this post as I saw this in costco was displayed on sale as I walked in :) and wondered when I saw that hyaluronic ingredient and was like ahhhh so many talk about it here ! but passed as I thought OH I will just get a bottle mix that with nivea one day ? BUT wow the absorbing so far I hope is real and not a one day first day thing

now more excited to see how I am in a week or so :)

so I am not sure if N before or after is my fav :) hahahahaha

did the Neutrogena first cleaned up rzaor and sink etc... and then splash so maybe 3-4 min sink in (will try longer and shorter in future) shaving nerd stuff :)

and I think I can say the splash after leaves a bit more scent to enjoy as I type this but maybe a touch more something on my face feel ? I am reaching for something its that close so either way so far so even if I think I feel my face a touch more like I put something on the extra scent is nice and balances that back out :)

I am sure many of you have faced this which one is better scenario and its closer than different and the extra left over scent is nice as I like that
but then you are left with do I feel something on me ? you are not sure if you are making stuff up in your head or reaching for things that you think are different just to find it :)

testing two blades today was not my smooth shave
this stuff has a soothing healing whatever going on that balms can not do its not a instant soothing but a gradual just takes it away not masks it or covers it way either again that rub my fingers hard ATG its NOTHING ZERO no post feel I had a rougher shave !
as the OP said its like I did not shave :)

either way OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHH this is fun stuff to test and figure out and 2 days in reckon this is some of the best post feel ever

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
so I am not sure if N before or after is my fav :) hahahahaha

did the Neutrogena first cleaned up rzaor and sink etc... and then splash so maybe 3-4 min sink in (will try longer and shorter in future) shaving nerd stuff :)

and I think I can say the splash after leaves a bit more scent to enjoy as I type this but maybe a touch more something on my face feel ? I am reaching for something its that close so either way so far so even if I think I feel my face a touch more like I put something on the extra scent is nice and balances that back out :)

I am sure many of you have faced this which one is better scenario and its closer than different and the extra left over scent is nice as I like that
but then you are left with do I feel something on me ? you are not sure if you are making stuff up in your head or reaching for things that you think are different just to find it :)

testing two blades today was not my smooth shave
this stuff has a soothing healing whatever going on that balms can not do its not a instant soothing but a gradual just takes it away not masks it or covers it way either again that rub my fingers hard ATG its NOTHING ZERO no post feel I had a rougher shave !
as the OP said its like I did not shave :)

either way OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHH this is fun stuff to test and figure out and 2 days in reckon this is some of the best post feel ever
Best post shave ever - couldn't agree more with you. It's just the best I have ever used. It even beats out heavy contenders such as ABC apricot, Zingari Man, etc.

YUP again magic time for post feel

so today did the N and let it sit a bit longer than yesterday and was a bit more absorbed then splash better than yesterday
maybe close to the splash first then this I did the first day ? either way day 3 and yeah for me at least NO post shave feel at all again stroking ATG its like I did not shave as far as still feeling anything
not greasy not dry no balm on top feel and no dry feel of just old spice I get sometimes :)

wanted to see how some blades did ATG right off the get go on my face so was pushing my shave comfort today ya could say :) fun to play with blades ! and yeah rubbing fingers ATG post shave I could tell I was playing with sharp things on my face and by the time I walked away to make my morning coffee I feel nothing rubbing my face ATG

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
YUP again magic time for post feel

so today did the N and let it sit a bit longer than yesterday and was a bit more absorbed then splash better than yesterday
maybe close to the splash first then this I did the first day ? either way day 3 and yeah for me at least NO post shave feel at all again stroking ATG its like I did not shave as far as still feeling anything
not greasy not dry no balm on top feel and no dry feel of just old spice I get sometimes :)

wanted to see how some blades did ATG right off the get go on my face so was pushing my shave comfort today ya could say :) fun to play with blades ! and yeah rubbing fingers ATG post shave I could tell I was playing with sharp things on my face and by the time I walked away to make my morning coffee I feel nothing rubbing my face ATG
Your detailed, day by day reviews are very useful my friend. It's very cool to see someone optimizing how to use this combined with a splash.

Sadly though I think you and I are the only ones who will ever discover it.

yeah maybe :) but oh well
I am trying to find things I love
yesterday I set aside all my splashes and 2 nivea balms the proraso and all my stirling to sell or trade off or ? I might keep my Cella as I like the history of it :) but this stuff has made me not care about the proraso or Fine or Striling post stuff :)

so now have this Neutrogena Old Spice and one nivea max moisturizer which MIGHT be on the chopping block to just the neutrogena and a splash as just cant see using balm ? keeping one could be OK but if its bested WHY ?

I do plan on trying floid and clubman splash still and really not sure any others I care about ? only want to try these as they seem old staple ones with history
to me this is like having a couple other beans ones like in coffee I will have my go to but the splash will be used along with this ? NOW will I like those or keep them ? no idea but I am one that has to try something to know and I might just decide to keep this Neutrogena and get a couple cologne for days I want to smell nice ?
also a person that when I find something I like more than anything else I find I do not use the other thing so why have it

my face feels so nice right now :) hahahahhaha funny as it sounds

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
@CzechCzar , thank you and @Ckmaui for your experiments with the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream.

I know this thread was the first mention of the cream, but I remember a thread by @Dovo1695 using the gel for shaving:

@CzechCzar , thank you and @Ckmaui for your experiments with the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream.

I know this thread was the first mention of the cream, but I remember a thread by @Dovo1695 using the gel for shaving:

off to read another thread :)

good read and got to this :)

Last edited:
that was a great thread !
some have been mixing it in with the nivea and noticing better results so might experiment
the one thing for me and the Neutrogena that will be curious about is the absorption vs the on skin balm feel :)

@CzechCzar for sure check out that lower thread I posted above unless ya had already

Top Bottom