What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

74E6F259-A13D-438C-8E92-CCCFE291A891.jpeg
74E6F259-A13D-438C-8E92-CCCFE291A891.jpeg

The Balvenie tonight. I felt fancy.

Interesting. No alcohol restrictions were mentioned on my end. I can tell you based on my sample size of 2, alcohol consumption provided no known side effects. Perhaps it's just the same BS they give regarding no consumption after giving blood. I always tell them they're no fun and that it's more efficient that way. 🤷‍♂️
PS: Drink responsibly. Maybe, in this specific scenario, in your own home as well. :D

Also, it was Turkey Tuesday last night (though in fairness, I spent most of the evening thinking it was Wednesday...). WT101. I'm challenging myself to include my awful tasting notes on these as well. This one has a nice color (that's not a taste!), but feels a bit thinner than I expect. I get a lot of pepper and a hint of caramel on the palette. It's not as sweet as many of the other bourbons I've had recently. Finish is pretty enjoyable. I won't be turning down pours of this one, though not sure it'll be a frequent purchase either.
Actually a couple of days' break is not a bad thing. 2 of us in the office have birthdays within a few days this month so 4 of us are going out to a wine bar. A Thai, an Indonesian, a Korean and a Brit walk into a wine bar... must be a joke in there somewhere :)

Interesting. No alcohol restrictions were mentioned on my end. I can tell you based on my sample size of 2, alcohol consumption provided no known side effects. Perhaps it's just the same BS they give regarding no consumption after giving blood. I always tell them they're no fun and that it's more efficient that way. 🤷‍♂️
PS: Drink responsibly. Maybe, in this specific scenario, in your own home as well. :D

Also, it was Turkey Tuesday last night (though in fairness, I spent most of the evening thinking it was Wednesday...). WT101. I'm challenging myself to include my awful tasting notes on these as well. This one has a nice color (that's not a taste!), but feels a bit thinner than I expect. I get a lot of pepper and a hint of caramel on the palette. It's not as sweet as many of the other bourbons I've had recently. Finish is pretty enjoyable. I won't be turning down pours of this one, though not sure it'll be a frequent purchase either.
Back in college, we always tried to donate blood on Tuesday. The college rathskeller (yes, there used to be such a thing) always had Two-fer Tuesdays so when the Red Cross volunteer advised us to double our fluid intake, we gladly complied!

More WT101 last evening. A small pour. I'd provide tasting notes, but I also enjoyed a couple of cookies. The cookies were excellent.

What kind of cookies? Please DON'T say Orios... The thought of Orios with WT101 kinda turns the stomach 🤮

Chocolate Chip or Oatmeal... Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies sound even better!

Beautiful presentation! The Aviation is a great cocktail. I, too, am on my first lifetime bottle of Creme de Violette but bottle number two is coming up quickly.
Thanks! I think I’ll add a touch more Violette next Aviation. I’m going to order one out tonight and compare…

Top Bottom