What's new

Shooting the Breeze- general chit chat

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Well Gents,
The time draws near! One more week of work and then I am Avinger, Texas bound to bust some hogs and squirrels. That last one may make me look like a fool. I'm told Texas Grays are not fat and slow like their Arkie cousins! :lol1: I am super stoked to take one BIG on and throw a bunch of stripers in the cooler as my host tells me that if they are bigger than 10 pounds we are leaving them for the coyotes! I'm cool with that but if I see one in the 300 pound range it's GOING DOWN! Video to follow :) Also have another play day set up with the local PD so that should be fun! The only weird part is that the local gun shop girl asked how far Avinger is from San Antonio. Whut? Why? "Well", she says, "My Friend (Big F) lives there." Ohhhhh... I'm not giving you a ride. You do you! What is it with women? This is asked both ironically and sarcastically from the friend (little f) zone. I am getting to the point where I would rather going hunting that mess with the fairer sex. Rant over and I can't wait!

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Well Gents,
The time draws near! One more week of work and then I am Avinger, Texas bound to bust some hogs and squirrels. That last one may make me look like a fool. I'm told Texas Grays are not fat and slow like their Arkie cousins! :lol1: I am super stoked to take one BIG on and throw a bunch of stripers in the cooler as my host tells me that if they are bigger than 10 pounds we are leaving them for the coyotes! I'm cool with that but if I see one in the 300 pound range it's GOING DOWN! Video to follow :) Also have another play day set up with the local PD so that should be fun! The only weird part is that the local gun shop girl asked how far Avinger is from San Antonio. Whut? Why? "Well", she says, "My Friend (Big F) lives there." Ohhhhh... I'm not giving you a ride. You do you! What is it with women? This is asked both ironically and sarcastically from the friend (little f) zone. I am getting to the point where I would rather going hunting that mess with the fairer sex. Rant over and I can't wait!

Cool! Looks like you'll be about 90 miles from me. Also looks like you'll be close enough to Pittsburg to run up there for lunch. :)

It's "different" than what you're used to for hot links.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Well Gents,
About 360 miles.

nikonNUT

Cool! Looks like you'll be about 90 miles from me. Also looks like you'll be close enough to Pittsburg to run up there for lunch. :)

It's "different" than what you're used to for hot links.

I believe I was told by the crew at Scot Industries that I need to expreience Pittsburg Hot Links!
We need to have a meet up for Hot Links!

I'm down!!! Get to Lone Star/Avinger on Tuesday and depart Saturday! Ya'll tell me when!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Decadron or Kenalog, different meds but in the same class, anti inflammatory steroids generally do not cause too much problem. Depo Medrol is a little worse. Way back in the USAF, and in our emergency room we gave some long acting penicillins, mostly for the clap, (VD) A syringe of 2.4million units of that stuff in a thick oil carrier hurt.

I had my flu shot about two weeks ago, the high dose for old folks and never felt it. The next week was at VA clinic for my semi annual check up and practitioner asked if I had had the Shingrex vaccine for shingles, I had not and she asked if I wanted it and I said yes, and got it, my arm hurt for two days. Went by local retail pharmacy we use to get one for the wife, I occasionally do relief work there so they let me administer it to my wife, who has had no soreness. Bottom line, everyone is different.
I was at a cvs early today no line so I took the plunge and got the first of 2 shingles vaccine shots. Second one is due in 2 to 6 months. Quite a time span there. It’s so long I’m worried I’ll forget. A Little sore arm hopefully that’s about it.

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I have a day off!!! Finally!!! I was so excited. The wife is working, the little one is at school, the older ones are out of the house, the toilet seats are up, and I am alone. It was going to be a good day. I planned on a trip to the ranch hoping to do some plinking and piddling and maybe harvest a smallish hog to throw on the pit but…..
Babe. My car is making a weird noise can you check it out today? I took your truck.

It’s the brakes. Was going to do it myself but no. I’ll drop it off and at least go home and sharpen knives, clean weapons, and polish boots and leather gear.
She always knows when I have a me day planned even when I say nothing.
I can’t wait to retire so that almost everyday is a me day. It just isn’t possible for her to figure out some honeydo’s for every single day!! Is it?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@martym , I feel your pain. Never ending list of honey do's. Wife is retired and spends her day fretting over and expanding the HD list, or so it seems! I hope to retire within the year. Maybe some day I can catch up and get ahead of the list before I die or am too old to take advantage of the "free" time. I'll never have a lack of things to do, just maybe the lack of energy to do them.

Picked up some fascinating new powder, Reloder 15.5 to dabble with heavy match loads in 223. We're talking 88gr and heavier in a special long-throat barrel. I've got loads for this rifle that are supersonic to 1000y. Yes, a 223 to 1000y. Initial indications are it might be a little too fluffy to get enough in the case to get big speed.

nikonNUT

Well Gents I am all packed! To this day I am not sure how a Yaris can swallow SO much stuff! Some how I managed to get my luggage, an ammo bag, the suppressor case, the MSR-10 long range, the Bergara B14R, the CZ 457, the Ruger PCC, the TriArc, all the Nighthawks, the Sig, and the Taurus crammed in there plus three bags, two bipods, my range box, AND a 94 quart cooler all without having to have nuptials with the steering wheel while I drive! :lol: Head out at first light!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Well Gents I am all packed! To this day I am not sure how a Yaris can swallow SO much stuff! Some how I managed to get my luggage, an ammo bag, the suppressor case, the MSR-10 long range, the Bergara B14R, the CZ 457, the Ruger PCC, the TriArc, all the Nighthawks, the Sig, and the Taurus crammed in there plus three bags, two bipods, my range box, AND a 94 quart cooler all without having to have nuptials with the steering wheel while I drive! :lol: Head out at first light!

Damn... Is it a Yaris Wagon?

nikonNUT

Damn... Is it a Yaris Wagon?
I wish! I'm a wagon whore but no... Just a 3 door hatchback.
Stuffed!.jpg

Fear the Yaris!!! :lol:

With general inflation and the cost of gas, I kinda wish I had a Yaris instead of a fleet of gas hogs. I filled up my Super Duty the other day. It holds 48 gallons. That sight on the gas pump display is always breathtaking...lol

nikonNUT

With general inflation and the cost of gas, I kinda wish I had a Yaris instead of a fleet of gas hogs. I filled up my Super Duty the other day. It holds 48 gallons. That sight on the gas pump display is always breathtaking...lol
I hear that my friend! I’ve been looking at a TRD Pro Taco but with my 500 mile per week commute it’s hard to beat the Yaris. I only feed her ethanol free premium but with 11 years under her belt and 330K on the clock she still gets 34MPG! New they were rated for 35 highway. Tough little cars! Knock on wood but oil changes, filters, brakes, tires, and one rear wheel bearing is all it has asked of me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom