What's new

Just got an email that says it's only for admins

Ah. "Threadloom is a company that is used to create user engagement."

I don't know what possible goal they could have had in mind, sending this to me, but they certainly created user engagement with this user's Delete key.

Update: Wait. How did they associate my email address with my nick?

I am having trouble figuring out what, besides a hack, or an impossible betrayal by someone with whom I have corresponded on the forum, could have given these people my email address and my nick, together.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
@Herringberg NOT A HACK. WE ARE TESTING A NEWSLETTER ADD-ON. You have recieved this in error. If anyone else recieves it, please report it here. Thank you.

Indeed, mea culpa! The third party service was set to strictly email to a user group of 4 people; however, it looks like it went to everyone. I will touch base with them.

The goal is a monthly newsletter, but this should not have gone to everyone. You can opt out from emails like this at any time by changing your notification settings. Make sure to uncheck “Receive news and update emails”

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Does this mean that threadloom will have access to the email addresses of all the thousands of B&B members?

Not bad for them from a marketing point of view, the email addresses of a large group who have an interest in wet shaving.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Nick is the real deal, he'll fill all ya boots with rich lather.

$20160613_182301.jpg

Does this mean that threadloom will have access to the email addresses of all the thousands of B&B members?

Not bad for them from a marketing point of view, the email addresses of a large group who have an interest in wet shaving.
I mean....Threadloom isn't a marketing company. They're a newsletter service. So yeah, they have access to email address of anyone their service is sending email to. Just like Mailchimp, mailgun, Amazon SES, Sparkpost, Mailjet, Mad Mimi, Sendgrid, and any other number of newsletter services that websites use to send newsletters....The service kind of needs access to an email address in order to send mail to the email address....

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I mean....Threadloom isn't a marketing company. They're a newsletter service. So yeah, they have access to email address of anyone their service is sending email to. Just like Mailchimp, mailgun, Amazon SES, Sparkpost, Mailjet, Mad Mimi, Sendgrid, and any other number of newsletter services that websites use to send newsletters....The service kind of needs access to an email address in order to send mail to the email address....
Thanks. That's why I have a special email address for forums and such.

Top Bottom