What's new

Cremo is underrated

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Either they have re-formulated the product, or you're a better man than me.

I tried using this and could get a lather, but it quickly dissipated.

I was unimpressed.

That said, the normal stuff is great.

Wow! Well...I'm sincere when I say, it was the slickest product in my collection and my collection is over 80 soaps/creams now. It smells great and lathers very easily. It's not the same Cremo that you get in a tube...the tube stuff is not meant to lather at all and is just something that you apply by hand. I use the tube stuff as a pre-shave.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Cremo didn't work for me, but it's good that it agrees with you, I do like the original scent (that pinesol scent reminds me of my youth).

That cremo in a puck/round container look neat though, not sure I would go out and buy it, but it the conditions were right?

My opinion is that it would be a lot more popular on this forum if it lathered in the traditional way WITH a brush.
Whenever I used Cremo & it's part of my rotation. I always make the lather with a brush. Initially I only used my hand because I didn't have a brush. The only thing I don't like about Cremo is the fact it dries out too quickly on your face.

Whenever I used Cremo & it's part of my rotation. I always make the lather with a brush. Initially I only used my hand because I didn't have a brush. The only thing I don't like about Cremo is the fact it dries out too quickly on your face.
Same here, on both counts. I lather it up with a soft brush and a little water. Takes about 20 seconds to get a serviceable lather. One thing I've noticed is even though it dries a little too fast, if I wet my face again there's usually enough residual slickness to do a touch up here or there.

Same here, on both counts. I lather it up with a soft brush and a little water. Takes about 20 seconds to get a serviceable lather. One thing I've noticed is even though it dries a little too fast, if I wet my face again there's usually enough residual slickness to do a touch up here or there.

Agree. I usually re-lather those spot but when I don't the area is still very slick.
Also Cremo is on sale this week at my local supermarket & will pick up more.

Love the Sandalwood & Original have never tried the Mint. But if you check out their web site they have other scents my local stores don't carry including the Cremo Reserve. But I know Amazon carry those other scents.

One last thing this thread inspire me to use today Cremo Sandalwood.

Agree. I usually re-lather those spot but when I don't the area is still very slick.
Also Cremo is on sale this week at my local supermarket & will pick up more.

Love the Sandalwood & Original have never tried the Mint. But if you check out their web site they have other scents my local stores don't carry including the Cremo Reserve. But I know Amazon carry those other scents.

One last thing this thread inspire me to use today Cremo Sandalwood.
thats great I've been using this as my go to preshave exclusively and nk matter what soap I use it makes my shaves excellent

The Cremo product I referred to is in fact a lathering shave cream. It's absolutely fantastic. Top slickness in my collection.

View attachment 1320891

I'm not finding this particular product on their USA website. Although Amazon has one in stock for $12.38. Hopefully is a fairly new product & not a product being discontinued. I would definitely try this.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I'm not finding this particular product on their USA website. Although Amazon has one in stock for $12.38. Hopefully is a fairly new product & not a product being discontinued. I would definitely try this.

I bought my "puck" from Amazon. It's a very loose cream. If you tip the puck to one side...it'll slowly make a wave and head towards the side gravity is forcing it. But it lathered very quickly and easily for me and the slickness was way above average.

I bought my "puck" from Amazon. It's a very loose cream. If you tip the puck to one side...it'll slowly make a wave and head towards the side gravity is forcing it. But it lathered very quickly and easily for me and the slickness was way above average.
Thanks.
It's not on the USA site. I scrolled through all the product listed under Shop All & they sell a ton of different product.

Wow! Well...I'm sincere when I say, it was the slickest product in my collection and my collection is over 80 soaps/creams now. It smells great and lathers very easily. It's not the same Cremo that you get in a tube...the tube stuff is not meant to lather at all and is just something that you apply by hand. I use the tube stuff as a pre-shave.

What I was referring to was the Cremo in the tub - Sandalwood - that is supposed to lather with a brush. As I said, it whipped up a lather, but by the time I was almost done with my first pass, the lather dissipated. I also have the tube Cremo and it works really well as either a pre-shave or to shave with. The only knock I have with using it to shave with (the tube stuff) is that it's hard to see where you've already gone over and there's not much cushion.

Maybe the stuff in the tub has been improved. I used it shortly after it hit the stores (Target in my town). Now you don't see it.

I use that Cremo as a pre-shave. If you really want to be amazed...look for Cremo Sandalwood Lathering Shave Cream. It's the best and slickest soap/cream I have. Smells great too...has a sandalwood/citrus scent. The stuff is like magic.
I second that the hard to find tub Cremo Sandalwood Lathering Shave Cream is the slickest of 'ANY' product, soap or cream I've ever used. However it may be the worst smelling product to me. It smells like those ladies home perm kits that were the rage in the 80's if you've ever been near someone doing that. Maybe not that extreme, but really close.

Cremo, the original brushless in a tube, is what opened my eyes to other ways of shaving many years ago. It let me know there were other options out there other than 5 blades and pressurized goo. So I can thank it for that!

More on topic: I have two tubs of their sandalwood - different formulas - that are intended to be used with a brush, but I have not tried them yet. Just too many other things in my plate right now.

Top Bottom