What's new

King C Gillette blades, absurd smoothness

Seeing these blades in Walmart, I was curious enough to grab a 10 pack (in some of the most ridiculously overdone packaging I've seen in a while, I might add). I've now done two shaves each in both my gen 1 Tradere OC and my Tradere SB. I'll be trying one in my Weber DLC next. So far they seem to be a one shot wonder, as by the end of the second shave, they are getting tuggy. But that could partially be due to how they kind of encourage me to keep going and chase the closeness that they aren't achieving in a normal shave.

In both of my Tradere razors, these blades are unbelievably smooth. I can't even feel the blade. However, they also seem completely unable to achieve a nice close cut on my whiskers. This combination really tempts me to chase the close shave with additional passes, but giving in to that temptation has 3/4 times resulted in weepers.

If I was looking for an auto-pilot blade, this would fit the bill. But I'm not actually looking for that, hehe.

Waited a few days to do the test in my Weber, to give the blade a good workout. Seems the KCG blade and Weber DLC razor were meant to work together, cause it keeps all the smoothness it had in the Traderes, but actually cuts a nice close shave! There were still a couple spots that prevented it from being called BBS, but for 2 passes in my lesser razor, it was a pretty great result. With the current availability of KCG blades in places like Walmart, I think I have a new travel blade of preference.

The first of the Gillette blades that came with my new King C Gillette razor gave 4 BBS, 1 DFS and 1 CCS shave.

I like them too. To me they feel an awful lot like the dark blue box Gillette Platinums, which are cheap and easy to find.

Same here. I like them but until they start coming in 100 packs I don’t think I’ll be buying them on a regular basis. There’s other blades that I like better that come in the 100 packs
I don't need 100 packs, but I do need them to ease up on pricing before I'd buy em again. They're pushing twice the price of feather/kai blades.

I’m on my second use of my first KCG. My initial impression is they are top tier blades—similar to my other favorites from the PPI plant. I can see why some say they are rebranded Gillette Platinums (one of my favorite blades).

I don’t think they are better, however, than other top tier PPI blades, and since they are priced for the US market, I’ll likely stick with the others.

I also love this blades. I usually buy 10 at the time at my local CVS when I'm there & have cash on hand. I find then to be very smooth, sharp & last longer than some of my other favorites.

Top Bottom