What's new

Single Edge SEptember 2021

SEptember 20 (18th ShavE)

I lathered MDC Rose with my B&B RV Finest Badger and it felt, smelled, and performed perfectly.
The MMOC worked well with an additional ATG pass as the blade has lost some efficiency (today was 18th shave with this blade).
8004993C-05E5-451D-BA3F-F9FC5A0713BE.jpeg
6E6CE4A3-E494-4115-A250-C8EE961DFE0B.jpeg
E3D0891F-DDF0-4AB1-BDB8-2D2236D1B6A8.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, SEptemper 20th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic Flying wing, AKA- Guiding eye, MMBT, MMFW.....Excellent tame mid range, heaviest of the Micromatics, built to last generations, good for sensitive skin very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent with excellent lather qualities. 2 tubs used up and 1 to go. (discontinued, hope they bring it back in the future.)
Brush: Yaqi 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm(great stuff )
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my MMFW + a Gem coated blade.

SOTD,  Sep 20th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: GEM Damaskeene Open Comb
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (10)
Brush: Henri et Victoria - Superfine Two-Band Badger 22mm
Pre-Shave: Stirling Pink Clay - Facial Bar Soap
Lather: Henri et Victoria - Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria - Cognac & Cuban Cigars (Splash)
Additional Care:
Henri et Victoria - Cognac & Cuban Cigars (Balm)
57AEA176-AC5E-4C60-AB04-09640FA75BAA.jpeg

Hot Dam…askeene!
Great razor, great soap, great shave!

SEptember 20th shave
Type J, which according to the fantastic Dummies thread, is around my age.
sChick (1)
24mm fan SynBad knot in a eucalyptus burl handle by Trotter Handcrafts

20210919_223413.jpg

Since this is my Schick Show week, let me retell an old joke I first heard in the early 70s on Foster Brooks comedy album, The Lovable Lush.

The farmer's wife needs to cook a chicken for dinner, so she heads out back and grabs a chicken, cuts off the head, and then brings it inside to defeather. Normally, she uses the gas oven to singe off the pin feathers, but the oven quits on her. So, she sends her husband to town to buy a new oven. Well, he come back with one of those e-lectric ovens since the store was all out of gas. They get it plugged in and she tries to get the pin feathers off with that oven but its not working.

Thinking of an alternative, she grabs her husband's razor and she's able to take all those feathers off. She writes the razor company, Schick, and tells him she thinks they ought to sell it. She forgets all about it, but six months later the owner of the company writes her back saying, "Ma'am, we want to thank you for sharing your story with us and helping to introduce a new product. We're now proud to offer a men's schick, a women's schick, and a chicken schick."

Ba Ba Boom!

Last edited:
Gem 1912
Gem PTFE (2)
Vie Long horse
Palmolive Shave Stick
Montblanc Legend after shave balm

Same set up as the past two days. Top notch shave. The only difference, I shimmed the blade. For those that might not know, when the Gem 1912 was first introduced, single-edged blades were much thicker. Today's blade, in an older model Gem razor is not seated the same way as designed. Shimming--I use a half of the spine of a modern day Gem blade and place it right under the spine of the blade in the razor.

Does it make a difference? I don't know for sure. Today's shave was better than yesterday's. There is that. It could also be that after three days of shaving with the 1912, I've finally dialed in the technique.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210920_134612~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (Timeless Ti TRH8 Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (7 and retired)
Brush: Rudy Vey White Zebra Stripe (Shavemac 24mm D01 3-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Floïd Vigoroso
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray
20210920_134650~2.jpg

Superb razor! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210921_102427~2.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors The General V2 (Timeless TRH8 Ti Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (1)
Brush: Craving Shaving Debris Handle (PAA 24mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Epsilon Blue Mediterranean
Fragrance: Belcam Classic Match Blue EdT Spray
20210921_102536~2.jpg

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

SEptember Shave 18

Ever-Ready 1912
Carbon-steel SE blade (6)
Semogue boar brush
Soap Commander Integrity

This razor and blade seem to have magical qualities! The blades, from the same tuck, in the other razors seem to have fallen off a bit in efficiency. With this razor even at the sixth shave the blade is giving me a supremely comfortable BBS!

Top Bottom