What's new

Tapatalk

Tapatalk is not compatible with modern Website upgrades - what is your experience with Tapatalk?

• I use Tapatalk exclusively on B&B, I need it.

• I use the Mobile Website on B&B, I don't need it.

• I use both the Mobile site and Tapatalk but prefer Tapatalk

• I use both the Mobile site and Tapatalk but prefer the Mobile site

• I don't use Tapatalk

Results are only viewable after voting.
I mostly use my iPad mini. Sometimes I use my iPhone. I use my desktop to upload photos. I have never used Tapatalk. I do check the site 3+ times a day.

Adding photos is so easy on the mobile version. In fact when I see guys that don’t post photos in their SOTD posts, or stock photos from the web I assume they don’t have a cell phone. Could be wrong and no judgement either way obviously.

For the ~ 10% of members who do use Tapatalk, we hope there’s a fix or workaround, but understand that the fix may need to come from Tapatalk rather than B&B. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do on our part to assure continuous service.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Tapatalk used to be a helpful app, especially when we were on the vB software which had some issues with Mobile access depending on your device and native software. But Xenforo has a much more robust mobile interface, and if you do a search of "Xenforo and Tapatalk problems" you'll get an idea of the magnitude of the issue.
I know that some people like it, but with the survey representing the membership at large with 1.3% saying they can use the mobile site but prefer Tapatalk and only 7.5% saying they need it, I'm not sure that having a buggy back end add on to the site is worth the trouble.
If I was a betting man, I'd bet that a few folks would do well to explore the mobile site and familiarize themselves with it just in case.

Adding photos is so easy on the mobile version. In fact when I see guys that don’t post photos in their SOTD posts, or stock photos from the web I assume they don’t have a cell phone. Could be wrong and no judgement either way obviously.
I generally like to edit (crop, lighting, etc.) my photos before uploading them. It is easier for me to do that on my desktop. Occasionally though, I do just copy/paste from one of my mobile devices...easy enough for sure.
Thanks
Hms

I was talking mostly about folks that don’t post photos. I edit my photos as well, and for me it’s easier on my phone since I’m using my phone to take the pics, then you don’t even have to copy and paste, just click the “attach files” box. So easy. Maybe that’s my preference because I got used to using my mobile because my girl is on the desktop all day and night for work. Some people might hate using the small phone screen but I’ve gotten used to it.
I generally like to edit (crop, lighting, etc.) my photos before uploading them. It is easier for me to do that on my desktop. Occasionally though, I do just copy/paste from one of my mobile devices...easy enough for sure.
Thanks
Hms

I use B&B forum and other forums only via tapatalk. This is very easy for me as I always have a cell phone at hand. I can easily follow the forums with the feature of uploading photos, subscribing to topics, receiving notifications when a new topic is opened or a new comment is written on the topic, and especially the search feature. Using a computer or tablet feels like torture to me.

I can't follow them anymore as some international forums have withdrawn Tapatalk support.

That's why I sincerely hope that B&B, which is the forum that I use the most, continues through Tapatalk.

Note: This entry was sent via Tapatalk. [emoji4]
Thank you.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I use B&B forum and other forums only via tapatalk. This is very easy for me as I always have a cell phone at hand. I can easily follow the forums with the feature of uploading photos, subscribing to topics, receiving notifications when a new topic is opened or a new comment is written on the topic, and especially the search feature. Using a computer or tablet feels like torture to me.

I can't follow them anymore as some international forums have withdrawn Tapatalk support.

That's why I sincerely hope that B&B, which is the forum that I use the most, continues through Tapatalk.

Note: This entry was sent via Tapatalk. [emoji4]
Thank you.
Have you tried the mobile site on your phone?
Because you can do all of that on the mobile site with just an Icon link to the web page, and won't have an app taking up memory and space.

The mobile site is OK and has the same functionality as Tapatalk, but the user interface is not as mobile friendly. That’s the entire raison d’etre for Tapatalk, and those who’ve not used the app (including its paid version) aren’t really in a position to compare experiences. From one who’s used both on a tiny screen, Tapatalk is just better, no question.

For the 80% who’ve never used it, consider trying it, maybe? Taking up “memory and space” is not a reasonable argument against a better user experience.

I don’t quite understand this hostility towards those begging to preserve current functionality, if at all possible.

Yes I tried, but the mobile site seems complicated to me. Tapatalk is incredibly easy in this respect. It has multiple forums at your disposal and a very easy interface. I live in Turkey and pay a monthly fee of 1 Turkish lira ($0.12) for vip membership. There is no need to open a separate web page for each forum.
proxy.php

I’m sorry you feel there’s hostility towards Tapatalk users. I never got that vibe. I’ve used both and don’t prefer Tapatalk. You’re free to prefer whichever interface you like, but so are the rest of us.

Edit: Ok it’s been awhile but I decided to try Tapatalk again. I still prefer the mobile version. It was only a few mins though so… I think maybe some folks are taking this too personally. Nobody said they don’t like people that use Tapatalk, simply they prefer the mobile site. I certainly have no problem with someone liking the experience Tapatalk provides over the mobile version. It’s subjective. They’re different. Some will like one, and some the other, and some both.
The mobile site is OK and has the same functionality as Tapatalk, but the user interface is not as mobile friendly. That’s the entire raison d’etre for Tapatalk, and those who’ve not used the app (including its paid version) aren’t really in a position to compare experiences. From one who’s used both on a tiny screen, Tapatalk is just better, no question.

For the 80% who’ve never used it, consider trying it, maybe? Taking up “memory and space” is not a reasonable argument against a better user experience.

I don’t quite understand this hostility towards those begging to preserve current functionality, if at all possible.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Anu

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes I tried, but the mobile site seems complicated to me. Tapatalk is incredibly easy in this respect. It has multiple forums at your disposal and a very easy interface. I live in Turkey and pay a monthly fee of 1 Turkish lira ($0.12) for vip membership. There is no need to open a separate web page for each forum.
proxy.php
Thanks for posting that screenshot! I've never even seen Tapatalk before.

I can see if I spent any time on other sites how that could be a huge plus.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If tapatalk made their app compatible, kept up on new forum software in weeks instead of half a year, didn't try to hide bugs from forum managers, didn't delete posts reporting bugs in their app, didn't promise "fix coming out next week" for well documented issues month after month and several other irritating behaviors, forums might be more tolerant of the app breaking not inexpensive purchased forum software upgrades.

Top Bottom