What's new

Fatip Friday

Razor is top! The Aleppo Soap Cº shaving soap is not a shaving product. Delegated to body soap section... No lather whatsoever and whatever is there dissipates in seconds. I was only able to lather half a face at a time. No blood, but applying Proraso after shave splash was not a comfortable experience.
I've been using Aleppo 50% soap (that's 50% laurel oil) exclusively for body and hair for a good while now.

I decided to have a shave with it a while back and really enjoyed it (reported HERE).

Sure, there was no "foam" but boy was it slick! :cornut:

Hello Fatip Fanatics! :punk:

For those of you who enjoy your wonderful Fatip, Schöne, Joris and Roedter razors, please join me for Fatip Fridays!

Fatip Friday
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale (Durham Duplex DuBarry Handle)
Blade: Bolzano (3)
Brush: Simpson The Duke 2 in Best
Lather: La Toja Stick
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
View attachment 1270165
Excellent shave! :cool:
I love my Fatip! Mine may look different because I grinded down the patruding tabs to give it a sleeker look. Also added a Gillette Tech Fat handle to it. Not a huge fan of the standard handle it's a bit slippery.

Attachments

• 20210918_165835.jpg
    20210918_165835.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 25
I love my Fatip! Mine may look different because I grinded down the patruding tabs to give it a sleeker look. Also added a Gillette Tech Fat handle to it. Not a huge fan of the standard handle it's a bit slippery.
I'm sorry I docked you 50 style points earlier for grinding off the bullet tips. That looks pretty nice.

+50 style points.

:clown:

I've been using Aleppo 50% soap (that's 50% laurel oil) exclusively for body and hair for a good while now.

I decided to have a shave with it a while back and really enjoyed it (reported HERE).

Sure, there was no "foam" but boy was it slick! :cornut:
A few weeks ago I also tried out an original Syrian Kesabella 50/50 Aleppo soap for shaving. At that time, the bar was still new with no green soap showing through. Same as for you, no foam but some residual slickness. I have the impression the less matured green soap gives better foam than the brown matured skin. I do not mind the smell at all, on the contrary any artificial cheap smell of soap makes me a little sick.
I would have thought an Aleppo soap especially marketed as shaving soap (75/25) would give at least a little bit extra, but instead it gives way less... It smells a bit 'nicer' than the original but that's all good I can say about it ;-) I'll use my empty Tadé container for a Phoenix & Beau Wilderness shaving soap puck instead.
I did order a fresh batch of artisanal Pure Simple South African made Castille body soap (100% olive oil) that I found to be the most creamy soap I ever used (at times I even thought it had a snotty slickness to it). Maybe I'll experiment with that for a shave. This soap comes at $2.70 for a 100 g bar and doesn't have to travel half the globe to reach Zimbabwe. Aleppo was a worthy experiment, but I'm not such a fundamentalist to not appreciate a more locally produced soap.

Sept Stirling Slant Fatip Fri 24 SOTD
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Fatip OC Slant on a Yaqi Handle
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Executive Man Splash
An excellent soap with a very nice scent and lovely rich creamy slick lather...
An excellent shave too with the razor and blade combination! Super smooth and very comfortable in 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Good razor and even better blade! Unfortunately, 2 red creepers materialized affecting an otherwise perfect session. Aftershaves were excellent too!!
20210924_090840.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Zebrano Gentile
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Green (5)
Brush: Omega S11745
Cream: LEA Menthol
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
054_23.jpg

Everything worked out fine with my hungry S-Brushes and loading creams. I had a good shave. I continued using Cal's @Cal suggestion, and I tried Al's @AimlessWanderer bowl loading cream technique (not bowl lathering). I also used one dollop, and not my usual two. Al's bowl loading technique did load the product on the tips. It was nice on the first pass. Then the Omega S-Brush ate the product. When that happened, I used Cal's method of squeezing product from the base of the knot to the tips, instead of applying more product. I will continue on using Al's bowl loading suggestion along with Cal's remedy for a hungry brush. Cal, you saved my love for the Omega S-Brush when using creams. You also helped my week get back on track from curmudgeonly miserable shaves. I will continue using only one dollop of cream with all brushes. Al, thanks for the heads up on the bowl loading tip. Conclusion: I added an extra second bringing the total of extra seconds up from seven to eight.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Fatip Friday
20210924_150124~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Mixed Metal Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (5 and retired)
Brush: AP Shave Co. Beehive (28mm Synbad)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
20210924_150224~2.jpg

Efficient, smooth and effective - the FOCS rocks! 🦊 :punk: :thumbup:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Top Bottom