What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Manhattan. Watching Saturday afternoon spring showers wash across the yard….
EA7A7374-C003-47E3-BF55-8E903EA72971.jpeg
7F57E949-0F4A-4E1B-8230-71552AF59B54.jpeg

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Not sure the Big 12 is a great fit for UC, but I can't blame them for making this move because it's every man for himself right now as the NCAA implodes. I will say this-- UC's Nippert Stadium is one of the greatest venues in college football. It's an old one. I love how it's literally tucked in between academic buildings. On weekdays the stadium's aisles and concourse are regular routes taken by hundreds of students as they go from class to class. And UC also has Dan Hoard, perhaps the best radio play by play man in college football. And they've got a really good team this year. Fickell is a terrific coach.

Looks like you had full control of that trip. I've heard good things about Japanese whisky. Hope you enjoy it, and find a way to get back before you finish the bottle.

I hope we see a celebratory post soon.
Just got back from the clinic - in and out in 35 mins including 30 mins mandatory observation where we all sit and stare at out iPhones for half an hour... They said no strenuous activity for 2 weeks (hurrah!) and no alcohol today (boo!). Tomorrow planning on a few slurps.

Just got back from the clinic - in and out in 35 mins including 30 mins mandatory observation where we all sit and stare at out iPhones for half an hour... They said no strenuous activity for 2 weeks (hurrah!) and no alcohol today (boo!). Tomorrow planning on a few slurps.
Interesting. No alcohol restrictions were mentioned on my end. I can tell you based on my sample size of 2, alcohol consumption provided no known side effects. Perhaps it's just the same BS they give regarding no consumption after giving blood. I always tell them they're no fun and that it's more efficient that way. 🤷‍♂️
PS: Drink responsibly. Maybe, in this specific scenario, in your own home as well. :D

Also, it was Turkey Tuesday last night (though in fairness, I spent most of the evening thinking it was Wednesday...). WT101. I'm challenging myself to include my awful tasting notes on these as well. This one has a nice color (that's not a taste!), but feels a bit thinner than I expect. I get a lot of pepper and a hint of caramel on the palette. It's not as sweet as many of the other bourbons I've had recently. Finish is pretty enjoyable. I won't be turning down pours of this one, though not sure it'll be a frequent purchase either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom