What's new

Blackland Brass Blackbird 30% off

I grabbed one. I used a stainless one earlier and found it too aggressive to me, but at this price I'll check it out again and see if my technique has improved enough. Then it will either be this or the Rex Envoy on BST.

At the Blacklands site. Looks like it'll be discontinued. I just bought one for hits and shiggles.

wait are you serious?? That's a shame, it's a phenomenal razor. I may actually go to Maggards and spring for a machined finish version since I had been debating switching to that vs the polished I have and just BST it or something

Nope, no joke. I'm lucky I happened to be doing some work late and noticed the email blast from Blackland, which hit just before 8 p.m. EST. I'm glad I did - I wanted to try a Blackbird again after my first time around and this sale sealed the deal.

From the email:

"It's time to say goodbye to the Brass Blackbird as we cease production and sell off our remaining inventory. Both polished and machined razors will be deeply discounted while supplies last. When they're gone they're gone for good so if you've had your eye on a Brass Blackbird, this is likely your last chance!"

It went on to say no returns accepted, which is not Blackland's usual policy.

I checked Maggards last night and they seemed to have half a dozen or less each of the SB and OC versions.

since the Blackbird is going to be scarce very soon here, sprung for the machined brass with an open comb this time at Maggard's, gonna pit it against the current one I have, winner stays and the other gets to make someone happy over in BST.

I gotta wonder why they're getting rid of the Blackbird line?

since the Blackbird is going to be scarce very soon here, sprung for the machined brass with an open comb this time at Maggard's, gonna pit it against the current one I have, winner stays and the other gets to make someone happy over in BST.

I gotta wonder why they're getting rid of the Blackbird line?

I suspect it's just the Brassbird that's being phased out, with the SS and Ti versions likely sticking around.

I suspect it has more to do with brass as a material. I know some folks have a deep appreciation of it it but I'm not sure how wide that appreciation is. I'm more of a stainless steel man myself, but shoot at a 30% discount I'll take it and be glad to have it.

Last edited:
The Bras Bird arrived today. My antique handle looks great on the new Bird.

IMG_1536 (002).jpg

Also, if this razor agrees with my face, I'm wondering if I'll oxidize it to get that black Blackbird look.

I suspect it has more to do with brass as a material. I know some folks have a deep appreciation of it it but I'm not sure how wide that appreciation is. I'm more of a stainless steel man myself, but shoot at a 30% discount I'll take it and be glad to have it.

To each their own I suppose, obviously I greatly prefer steel to pot metal in razors but to be honest I find stainless steel razors to be kinda "boring", I like my razors to patina and maybe have a bit more weight to 'em

Top Bottom