My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Zebrano
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Green (5)
Brush: Semogue 830
Cream: LEA Menthol
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
048_20.jpg

This was the last shave of the week. :crying: I'm thinking of taking up a world wide petition to change the seven day week into a nine day week. That way I can shave seven days a week with two days off. Why not just shave seven days and take a couple of days off, you might ask? Pshah, when have I ever let logic stand in the way of what I think I'm up to? “Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.” -Mark Twain...and I'm sticking to it.

Next week I think I'll mostly use the same line. I'll use my Fatip Zebrano Gentile with a Gillette 7o'Clock Green, Proraso Green Pre-Shave, Lea Menthol (I want to use La Toja, but I can't switch up now. There has to be order.), my Omega S-Brushes, and InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid/Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash).

Happy Shaves!

Hello Fatip Fanatics! :punk:

For those of you who enjoy your wonderful Fatip, Schöne, Joris and Roedter razors, please join me for Fatip Fridays!

Fatip Friday
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale (Durham Duplex DuBarry Handle)
Blade: Bolzano (3)
Brush: Simpson The Duke 2 in Best
Lather: La Toja Stick
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
View attachment 1270165
Excellent shave! :cool:
I always wondered if the Fatip grande is better then the Muhle R41 btw I've sended a pm

Just received my Fatip Ulivo Wood Originale! My third Fatip... It came with an Aleppo Soap Co. shaving soap puck and a really beautiful aluminium container. The soap has a very intriguing smell. Unlike the real Aleppo body soap (that really smells like wet cardboard...) I'm using, there is a dried-fruity fragrance. Maybe it is the laurel fruit oil that appears before the sodium laurate on the ingredient list?
The Fatip is loaded with a brand new KAI blade. (I love that KAI doesn't print or etch anything on their blades!). Less is more ;-) I'm quite happy with the way the Fatip Wood feels in the hand. I was a little worried it would feel too light compared to the Piccolo. But it feels really OK! So do I 'need' a Zebrano and a Wengé now? Just the sheer beauty of these Fatips! I feel weak in the knees ;-)

The shaving session is reserved for Saturday morning as the cleaning lady is in on Friday and I consider these 10-15' as sacred time for which I do not need any audience in a 50m radius!

I'm running out of my big tub of Proraso preshave (Green). I'm considering replacing it with three 100 ml tubs of the Proraso Single Blade, one of each version. And maybe even the accompanying shaving cream? It would be my first time using a shaving cream... Good idea?

Attachments

• IMG_5899.jpg
    IMG_5899.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Fatip Friday Shave:

Fatip OC Mk1 w/ wenge wood handle
Gillette London Bridge blade (3)
Omega 11137 boar brush
PAA Ice Cube pre-shave soap
RR The Dead Sea shave soap
Dickinson's witch hazel w/ Pereja limon kolonya
RR The Dead Sea splash

Pulled out the Fatip OC Mk1 Piccolo and tried the longer wood handle with it -- worked well. Very close shave and a good test for the London Bridge blade.

proxy.php

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale (aka FOCS)
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (Vintage Polish manufacture, circa early 2000s) (14)
Brush: Yaqi Black Marble 24mm Silvertip Badger
Soap: Tabac Shaving Soap Stick (Tallow)

I really like these Polish-made Polsilver Stainless blades. They are smooth, consistent, and very long-lasting.

I probably should have bought a bunch when I had the chance. Oh well.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
proxy.php

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale (aka FOCS)
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (Vintage Polish manufacture, circa early 2000s) (14)
Brush: Yaqi Black Marble 24mm Silvertip Badger
Soap: Tabac Shaving Soap Stick (Tallow)

I really like these Polish-made Polsilver Stainless blades. They are smooth, consistent, and very long-lasting.

I probably should have bought a bunch when I had the chance. Oh well.

Wizamet SI blades are for me much the same. I know people disagree about whether they're actually the same blade. I can't tell them apart.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Fatip Friday
shave 20210917_123936.jpg

Razor: Fatip Mixed Metal Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (4)
Brush: Omega EVO
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Vito's Extra Super Coco
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Just received my Fatip Ulivo Wood Originale! My third Fatip... It came with an Aleppo Soap Co. shaving soap puck and a really beautiful aluminium container. The soap has a very intriguing smell. Unlike the real Aleppo body soap (that really smells like wet cardboard...) I'm using, there is a dried-fruity fragrance. Maybe it is the laurel fruit oil that appears before the sodium laurate on the ingredient list?
The Fatip is loaded with a brand new KAI blade. (I love that KAI doesn't print or etch anything on their blades!). Less is more ;-) I'm quite happy with the way the Fatip Wood feels in the hand. I was a little worried it would feel too light compared to the Piccolo. But it feels really OK! So do I 'need' a Zebrano and a Wengé now? Just the sheer beauty of these Fatips! I feel weak in the knees ;-)

The shaving session is reserved for Saturday morning as the cleaning lady is in on Friday and I consider these 10-15' as sacred time for which I do not need any audience in a 50m radius!

I'm running out of my big tub of Proraso preshave (Green). I'm considering replacing it with three 100 ml tubs of the Proraso Single Blade, one of each version. And maybe even the accompanying shaving cream? It would be my first time using a shaving cream... Good idea?
Razor is top! The Aleppo Soap Cº shaving soap is not a shaving product. Delegated to body soap section... No lather whatsoever and whatever is there dissipates in seconds. I was only able to lather half a face at a time. No blood, but applying Proraso after shave splash was not a comfortable experience.

Couldn't join in for Friday, as I was going for a 72-hour beard shave today. But today's razor was the FOCS, chambered with a Personna Lab Blue blade. The blade has 3-4 shaves on it; I changed it on August 1, but wasn't here to repeat that on September 1, and I know I used this razor and blade last Sunday. Still an excellent shave!

Top Bottom