Razor: Waterville SR
Blade: none
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Rainier Ash Badger
Soap: Zingari Man Rambler

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Witch Hazel

The Deets-
Mixing it up a bit today with a sample that Mike generosity sent to me. Life is good!

687B4530-A1E6-4DA7-A11D-851F8C702F0F.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 500 SE: 9 SR: 787)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Notovan Horsehide
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Shavemac Badger
Soap: Stirling Sheep

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Avon Everest

The Deets-
Very nice late morning shave today. Kept the razor, just because and mixed the rest of the bits up. So the Sheep has a light scent and I imagine it’s from the mutton tallow, but I don’t find it offensive and it’s easily covered by an aftershave. It doesn’t take long to work up a very nice, slick lather either. I scored the Shavemac in a trade because the original owner didn’t like the size. It was a bit too small for him, but works great for me. I lean more towards 24mm and smaller brushes anyway. I’ve tried the larger ones, but just don’t care for them.

Prepped with 20 laps on linen and 40 on leather and it was go time. Went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a great shave and I am BBS for the win! Great stuff!

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! Yes it was and I dig the Avon Everest. Life is good!

Home Front-
I had to bring work home, but was having none if that. Today was my chill day, so work can wait. Turbo must be settling in ok, there was no damage today. That’s all I have for you.

Shave Count (DE: 500 SE: 9 SR: 788)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Rainier Ash Badger
Soap: HeV Duc De Santal

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: HeV Duc De Santal

Life is good!

CEFFEA2E-5F36-4800-B01C-F2BB9BEAB5EB.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 500 SE: 9 SR: 789)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Birch /TGN boar
Soap: MWF

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Florida Water

The Deets-
I know some of you are interested in the Deets. So … no deets for you.

JK. I wasn’t sure what direction I wanted to go today, but then Florida Water sounded good and that kinda determined the other bits. I was really just wanting to try the new Trotter Handcrafts handle that Paul had sent me. Love this handle. This is also a brand new knot from TGN, so it will take a little break in. Loaded as normal and the Boar was eating the lather, so I had to hit the soap again during the shave. I was expecting that a few more lathers should sort it out. Very nice shave and I’m BBS for the win. Life is good!

6DB99C81-209B-4538-8A2C-BFF5A4DA4C4C.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 500 SE: 9 SR: 790)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Black Diamond SR
Soap: Stirling Deton-8

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Deton-8

The Deets-
This mornings shave could have gone either way. I was debating between using samples or breaking in this brush. Well … the brush won. I may have forgot to mention that I took this week off, so today was a late morning shave. Stirling is always ready to break in a brush, so Deton-8 got the nod. And I grabbed a different razor for this week too.

Prepped with 20 laps on linen and 40 on leather and it was go time. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a nice, relaxing shave and I am BBS for the win! Followed that up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Then wrapped everything up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! A great start to the day. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 500 SE: 9 SR: 791)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Soap: Stirling Deton-8

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Deton-8

The Deets-
Same setup and another great shave. Just cruising through the week breaking in this boar. Man I dig this scent too. Life is good!

99EB7DCC-8082-47F4-9DB9-DD44756EFBDA.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 500 SE: 9 SR: 792)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Soap: Cyril Salter Sandalwood

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Proraso Red

The Deets-
I thought I would change up the soap/AS, so I could post another pic of this awesome brush. The knot is breaking in nicely, it has plenty of backbone and the tips are soft. So far it has lost about 5 hairs in total, but I expect that to stop soon.

This cream leans more towards a TOBS type of scent, but more tolerable. I was hoping for a Proraso Red type of Sandalwood, but I finished it up with that AS. It was a very nice shave and the cream lathers up really quick. Slickness and residual slickness are very nice as well. I think that’s all I have for you today. Life is good!

6D9A2C1B-7958-4BA0-85D6-DA89772DE08C.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 500 SE: 9 SR: 793)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Soap: HeV Duc de Santal

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: HeV Duc de Santal

The Deets-
Changed the scents up today and it was the right call. I am really digging this scent, it just needs a bit more longevity. Had a great early morning shave today. The early part was on accident, I just woke up earlier than I wanted to. The brush is breaking in very well and didn’t shed today. Whipped up a nice lather that was plenty slick to take care of business too. Three smooth passes and I am BBS for the win! Chased that with the aftershave and everything was right as rain! Man I can dig it. Life is good!

A4344363-D7B8-496E-BA8D-94096B561862.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 500 SE: 9 SR: 794)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Shavemac Beehive
Soap: SV Felce Aromatica (sample)

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Felce Aromatica (sample)

The Deets-
Thought I would do a sample today. I had picked up the soap sample awhile back, but just hadn’t tried it yet. And yesterday I scored the matching aftershave sample … so, had to try it. I bowl lathered a bit, which I don’t typically do and man the lather just exploded in the bowl. A lot of nice, slick, wet lather was made. To my nose the scent is rather light, but that could just be my nose. Great three pass shave and I am BBS for the win! The aftershave sample is also lightly scented and does a bang up job. Great post shave feel. Life is good!

Home Front-
Mostly a chill day today, the yard was mowed on Thursday. I have had to work off and on a little this week and that sucked. But Saturday is here and I am enjoying it. Turbo has been well behaved lately and that’s a relief. The missus appears to have picked up a Summer cold within the last couple of days. It’s been a rough Summer for her. And I guess lastly, I have been trying acupuncture. No, not on myself, but I am the one being stuck. Anyway, interesting stuff.

7D459B33-2A82-4A1B-A867-A3928FD49D54.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 501 SE: 9 SR: 794)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: ?
Brush: Simpson Berkeley
Soap: MDC Agrumes citrus (sample)

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Manna Di Sicilia (sample)

The Deets-
I grabbed the Slim today … just because. And I went with samples again too. The MDC was nice, faint but nice. It whipped up a really nice lather with minimal product. Had an easy three pass shave, leaving me BBS for the win! Chased that with the aftershave and I can definitely smell this one. Nice, very nice! I am really digging the SV aftershaves. Not only for the scents, but the post shave feel. Life is good!

547815E5-9A32-4AF8-893D-1F1B75CE4C34.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 502 SE: 9 SR: 794)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Rainier Ash/TGN Badger
Soap: Stirling Scarn

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Scarn

The Deets-
Very nice shave to start the day. I was lazy and used a DE again, but it delivered. I am glad to be back on the puck again, I’m not a big bowl lather fan. Three smooth passes and I am BBS for the win! Life is good!

Home Front-
Jumped back into the rip tide that is my job. Got a few things knocked out and a few things lined up for later this week. Also got my boss to let me take off two hours early, I am physically exhausted. And did I mention that my wife gave me her summer cold? Grrrrrrrrr. Started with a sore throat last night and full blown kick my backside today.

Shave Count (DE: 503 SE: 9 SR: 794)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Rainier Ash/TGN Badger
Soap: Stirling Scarn

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Scarn

14F4116B-0AE6-407A-8E7A-6393A52E5331.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 503 SE: 9 SR: 796)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Notovan
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Knothead / WhippedDog Boar
Soap: Stirling Executive Man

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Executive Man

The Shave-
I switched it up a bit yesterday and this has been my last two shaves. And the shaves have gotten better and better this week. A very smooth three passes and I am BBS for the win! Life is good!

Home Front-
So, I may have mentioned that I picked up my wife’s Summer cold. I started feeling it Sunday and it hit me hard on Monday. And it got progressively worse as the week moved on. Shaves Monday-Wednesday were just going through the motions because I hate stubble. The wife abandoned me Tuesday and left me to suffer alone and possibly die from starvation. Her daughter had a major surgery and will be down for six weeks. You read that right, me and the dogs may be doomed being on our own for six weeks. Yesterday I felt a little less miserable. Today I felt a whole lot better and had a great shave. I hadn’t eaten much the last few days, but dinner tonight was a treat. I called in an order for Thai Curry. OMG … that was delish, I may survive after all.

Top Bottom