What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 13th - September 19th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, September 16th 2021

Razor: TARMAX DE adjustable by Tom White, Mfg 2021(4 only made) excellent adjustable, I really enjoy the audio feedback, with Aluminum it makes a sound of a blade cutting like no other metal razors I own(sizzling sound of sharpness how I can best describe it). I cranked it up wide open (8) and the TARMAX performed very well for a nice carefree shave. Nice razor is the bottom line, enjoyable to use.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (2) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with good longevity. I like this blade for testing all my DE shave gear as a standard comparison. It lets you know if a new blade is a little better or a little worse making it easy to gage IMO.
Soap: Speick, excellent triple milled soap, nice spicy scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar brush, excellent lather generator, nice soft split end hair tips, great scrubber + good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush(Cashmere syn) wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a clear dollop of Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel skin clean, Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe balm(scentless+ good stuff).
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my TARMAX DE adjustable razor with a Gillette Astra SP blade.
SOTD,  Sep 16th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

FA752F6C-FF73-43E9-9CFF-FBA4455773A6.jpeg

SOTD SEPTEMBER 16, THURSDAY MORNING, 2021

Decided to to switch to my alternative soap and associated balm, Nancy Boy Signature, for this morning’s shave. Nancy Boy Signature is the original formulation developed well over twenty years ago in San Francisco. It’s one of the best kept secrets in wet shaving as the company do no formal marketing , but rely entirely on word of mouth for their advertising.

They have three shaving soap formulations, Sinature, Replenishing and Sandalwood, their newest. None of the soaps have strong scents as they feature only natural, skin-friendly ingredients. All I’ll say is that I've never heard any negatives back after referring someone there in the decade or so since I’ve been using it. This and MWF are really the only two soaps I use.

The Rigarazor 7/8 came out to play for this morning’s mug shave. Shortly after purchasing it over a year ago, I dropped it, not at that time being used to larger razors, and chipped the blade. I removed the chip on my 600k DMT, and then reset the bevel on my Naniwa progression through 12k. The shave was acceptable, but it wasn’t until I touched it up on the 9 Ball slate that I understood why people are so enamored of these razors. Three smooth passes put the baby to bed.

The dome shave featured one of my more aggressive vintage safety razors, the Eclipse Red Ring. In 1889 James Neill & Co was founded, becoming one of the important steel players in Sheffield, UK, while the brand Eclipse was born in 1909. Their interest was in tools and magnets. The name Eclipse comes from a very special horse owned by one of the sons of King George II, Duke of Cumberland, which happened to be born during a solar eclipse in 1764.

James Neill, a possible horse fancier, manufactured the one metal razor, the Eclipse Red Ring in the early 1930s until the factory was destroyed in WWII, although his son went on to manufacture a Bakelite razor later in the decade, but that’s a different story.

The razor is both adjustable by twisting the base of the handle and contains a magnet at the base of the handle for picking up razor blades, quite an innovative design for its time. The shave it delivers to my noggin is always extremely close, as it was this morning. I feel cool, clean and oh-so-velveteen!

RAZOR: Rigarazor 7/8 (Mug), Eclipse Red Ring (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with 24mm Hybrid Knot Ferrule.
SOAP: Nancy Boy Signature Scent
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Nancy Boy Signature Scent AS Balm.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, September 16th 2021

Razor: TARMAX DE adjustable by Tom White, Mfg 2021(4 only made) excellent adjustable, I really enjoy the audio feedback, with Aluminum it makes a sound of a blade cutting like no other metal razors I own(sizzling sound of sharpness how I can best describe it). I cranked it up wide open (8) and the TARMAX performed very well for a nice carefree shave. Nice razor is the bottom line, enjoyable to use.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (2) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with good longevity. I like this blade for testing all my DE shave gear as a standard comparison. It lets you know if a new blade is a little better or a little worse making it easy to gage IMO.
Soap: Speick, excellent triple milled soap, nice spicy scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar brush, excellent lather generator, nice soft split end hair tips, great scrubber + good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush(Cashmere syn) wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a clear dollop of Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel skin clean, Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe balm(scentless+ good stuff).
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my TARMAX DE adjustable razor with a Gillette Astra SP blade.

SOTD,  Sep 16th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Coates Sandalwood Cream
Brush
B&B LE 2012 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
Using the Coates Sandalwood cream again. The B&B LE brush does a nice job of making lather from this cream. The cream is good – but not as slick as the GFT cream I used up previously. The cream has lost most of its scent due, most likely, to its age. A decent shave on a beautiful AZ day. Have a good one, folks.

Razor: Schick E2 (Pebbled Finish)
Blade: Personna Precision - Hollow Ground - 1950’s (2)
Brush: Henri et Victoria - Karma (synthetic) 25mm
Pre-Shave: Stirling Pink Clay - Facial Bar Soap
Lather: HK&C - Beyond the Void: Gadabout
Aftershave: Stirling - Tea Tree (Splash)
EDP: Mandarina Duck - Black Extreme

B46E6881-4E48-4AE4-9F74-1664DE1C7927.jpeg

Personna Precision not so precise
A couple of shaves ago I used this vintage Personna injector blade in my Schick L6 Easy Rider and found it smooth, but so mild I really had to work to get cleaned up. @Whiterook assured me that the L6 was one of the mildest Schicks, so I removed the blade and installed it in a more aggressive E2.
I could feel the blade moving over my whiskers and knew going for a BBS would be asking for a case of razor burn in spite of the excellent HK&C lather.
I’ve already injected the blade into the blade bank. To be fair, this blade came out of a beat up, opened, 70 year old injector case with just a couple blades left.
2BF61D05-6EC3-4A10-9135-13184B810F67.jpeg

For all I know, the last person using it may have inserted his used blades with 10 shaves already on them back into the injector for discarding. You never know what your dealing with when trying out opened stock.
I also can’t find any mention of these particular blades, so maybe they weren’t the cats meow to start with.

Today was sample day so I tried out this HK&C (HENDRIX CLASSICS & CO.) soap. Not much of a scent, but a super creamy lather that would have @Chard52142 turning his brushes into Dairy Queens.
As I mentioned before, I’m really appreciating the effect tea tree is having on my skin. I know it smells medicinal, but that disappears as soon as it absorbs.
The Henri et Victoria brush was my very first synthetic and still remains one of my very favorites.

26F6FEF6-3920-46FA-8954-03BF2FD1B642.jpeg

Razor: Twig
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Brush: Ever Ready 100
Soap: Stirling Mountain Man
Balm: Proraso White
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man

I’m quite convinced that this brush was either never used before I got it from the vintage shop or only used a few times. I’ve used it 10 times now and it’s starting to break in. The blade is starting to reach it’s end. Using just one edge of the blade means this has gotten as much usage as 10 shaves on a double edge.

Herkese sıhhatler olsun.. Have a nice shave all you..
Günün tıraşı.. Shave of the day..

Razor: Timeless Aluminum
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Synthetic Shaving Brush
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street Lemon & Lime Shaving Cream
AS: Marmara Barber Traditional After Shave, Nivea Men After Shave Balsam

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Today is
THURSDAY
16 September, 2021

______

Pre: Wash w/CeraVe bar
Brush: Yaqi 24mm "Barber Pole" synth
Lather: Cella
Razor: RR "Mamba 70"
Blade: Astra green
Balm: CeraVe Lotion
Frag: Lalique "Encre Noire"
Fresh razor, fresh blade, great shave.
Brightens an otherwise gloomy day.

Stay healthy,

Bill

S.O.T.D - Thursday, September 16, 2021
Pre-shave:- PAA Ice-Tube 2.0
Bowl/Scuttle:- Roger Quintero 3D Printed
Brush: Yaqi 24mm
Soap/Cream:- WCS Pear-Brrr Shoppe
Razor/Blade:- Schick Adjustable / Personna 74 (4)
Post:- Shave Nation Wide Alum / Thayers Cucumber WH / PAA-MS Balm / Clubman Body Powder
After-shave:- WCS Pear-Brrr Shoppe​
20210916_140640.jpg

SOTD-L-G_2021-09-16.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: La Toja
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT
Blade: Personna Red (8)
ASL: Freshly Baked Bread [home brew]

A good shave. :biggrin:
Tonight's team put on a good show and the Freshly Baked Bread ASL was fun. 🍞

Happy shaves guys. :cornut: