What's new

Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless(Green)

I am really not a fan of the Gillette 7o'clock green. I have only used them in some very non aggressive razors*, so that might be part of the problem. Or I need to work on technique. But I found they don't cut for anything. With, against, and across. I'm giving up after 4 passes each direction and calling it good enough. Which it is, but after 12 passes total, I should be a lot smoother than I am.

Very comfortable shave, though. Never a nick or cut. Felt good using, just not for me.

Standard boilerplate YMMV statement here.

*Gillette Art of Shaving and a Super Speed from 1976. With either AoS sandalwood soap, AoS unscented cream, and Bayberry brand bay rum cream.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I am really not a fan of the Gillette 7o'clock green. I have only used them in some very non aggressive razors*, so that might be part of the problem. Or I need to work on technique. But I found they don't cut for anything. With, against, and across. I'm giving up after 4 passes each direction and calling it good enough. Which it is, but after 12 passes total, I should be a lot smoother than I am.

Very comfortable shave, though. Never a nick or cut. Felt good using, just not for me.

Standard boilerplate YMMV statement here.

*Gillette Art of Shaving and a Super Speed from 1976. With either AoS sandalwood soap, AoS unscented cream, and Bayberry brand bay rum cream.

They didnt cut well for me either so you're not alone. Kai didnt cut well for me either but they felt almost as nice if not quite as smooth.

I havent used a Gillette Green in a very long time. I think I've only used one since I did this review. Maybe I'll check my blade box and see if I have any left. If I do, I'll load one in my Grande and give 'er a go to see whats what now 2 years later.

I'm 5 shaves away from finishing the first round of my 29 blade test and the 7 O'Clock green is still near the top. It's gonna have some competition though.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Thank you, Esox. The way people rave about them, I was worried I was using them wrong or something.

I've been thinking about these blades the last couple hours. As smooth as they are and the fact that they dont cut that well for me, might make them an ideal candidate in my Slim on 9. Increasing gap has made poor blades perform better for me.

I might just try that if I have any left...

Yes, I too like the Russian 7 O'CLOCK Green blades.
They are in my rotation as a favorite, smooth shaves and long lasting for me.
I have a particular liking for Russian blades, go figure - PolSilver, Gillette Platinum, Silver Blues and Nacet, Astra SP, Voskhod - I like them all.
I have two trucks of Yellow 7 O'CLOCK blades that I need to try though.
I like variety and do use other than just Russian blades.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

These will give a nice shave. They aren't the sharpest in the 7 o'clock brand. I need to use them in an aggressive razor. My problem is with my type of beard I can only get 2 shaves out of a blade. And I usually get 3-5 shaves of all the other blades I have. I have 60 left. And I am not buying any more of these.

Very good when paired shavette :biggrin1:

ab15092021.jpeg

parkera1r16092021.jpeg

Today I used Gillette SS (1) with Parker A1R Travel razor. It was a very good two pass shave. Gillette SS sharpness is well balanced. Not as sharp as his yellow cousin. It is a good performer both on shavette and DE Razor.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I shared the Op's experience, lovely smooth blade that just wasn't sharp enough to get the job done on my beard.

Bought 100 pack of these today. CDN$12. It's been a long while since I used one, but I have some big gapped razors that they may go well with.

Bought 100 pack of these today. CDN$12. It's been a long while since I used one, but I have some big gapped razors that they may go well with.
Curious if it was online or where from :) wanting to get some more of them

funny timing as I was just looking around today :)

Thanks

The US Amazon when I had bought them before the link now goes back to the green Permasharp ones or Indian made and not the Russian ones :(

7 o'clock green is definitely in my top-tier of blades. Italian Barber has them. They're right at $20 + shipping. Blade Club on the 'bay has them for $18 and free shipping.

Top Bottom