What's new

Jack Black Triple Cushion Supreme Cream

So, watching this guy, helped me(a new guy) better understand shaving creams, lather, and using a brush.
My first attempt at using this stuff, and using AoS Pre-Shave Oil, left me confused. It seems the lathered cream didn't quite stick to my skin, but did lather up in a similar fashion to the experience in this video.
If anyone uses pre-shave oil and this cream, clarity on why it would not adhere to my skin would be helpful.

So, watching this guy, helped me(a new guy) better understand shaving creams, lather, and using a brush.
My first attempt at using this stuff, and using AoS Pre-Shave Oil, left me confused. It seems the lathered cream didn't quite stick to my skin, but did lather up in a similar fashion to the experience in this video.
If anyone uses pre-shave oil and this cream, clarity on why it would not adhere to my skin would be helpful.
Too much oil? That's my best guess. You only need 2 or 3 drops.

This is amazing shave cream. Has an old barbershop scent to me and performance is truly amazing. Maybe a tad better overall than say tube La Toja and that's a high bar

Definitely too much oil imo. I only use preshave oil occasionally these days, but when I do I use just one or two drops, applied to wet hands, rubbed together and then massaged onto my face.. The oil is there purely to soften your skin and not to improve glide. Too much oil is a real lather killer and will possibly gum up your brush too.

supreme cream combined with a Henson Ti22 medium and a feather blade is the most comfortable, close shave I have ever had. Repeatable results btw. The post shave leave my skin the healthiest and smoothest of anything I’ve tried. You don’t really need a preshave, I just grab a squeeze on my fingers, work it into my face well, and fluff it a little with a brush. I use any after shave I want because the scent is so light and rinses off, and I usually don’t even mess with a balm when I use the supreme cream.

Too much oil and many people say that AoS oil is no good anyway. I've never used it myself but when I first started asking around for one I should try a lot of people chimed in and said any except for AoS. I've used a sample of the supreme cream and I remember being really impressed with it, so its probably not the cream.

I've used oils but would not use then with the jack black triple cushion. Lately I'm getting into 'minimum necessary' shaves. Minimum products, minimum passes. Etc. I save the other things like preshaves and alum blocks, multiple after shave products and so on for like once a week.

Too much oil and many people say that AoS oil is no good anyway. I've never used it myself but when I first started asking around for one I should try a lot of people chimed in and said any except for AoS. I've used a sample of the supreme cream and I remember being really impressed with it, so its probably not the cream.
This. The AoS oil is terrible. It has been some time since I tried it, but I found it practically sticky as opposed to lubricating.

Used JB Triple Cushion today. This is now at the top of my rotation. So little explodes into dense thick, great smelling slick leather.. perfection! Responds to water and deep fast bowl lathering by getting as dense as you choose.

Awesome info gentlemen! I’m a fan of Jack Black stuff and regularly use the Pure Clean daily face cleaner as a pre-shave and protein booster serum and double duty moisturizer post-shave. Have a tube of the Triple Cushion - it’s now in the lineup for tomorrow!

I've moved away from pre-shave oil to using Noxzema or Proraso preshave creams. Love them and really like the moisturizing they provide.

Top Bottom