What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Peerless Small Batch Bourbon, sweet mash, barrel proof but around 110, and four years old, if I recall. I finished off the bottle and it is off to recycling. Bottle was a couple or three years old, so may not be reflective of current offerings. I really do not like this bourbon. Way too much charred oak, way forward, overwhelming. Not smooth. Expensive.

Peerless is my favorite rye though.

3269C520-434D-45F2-A6AE-A2FB925E6865.jpeg
90248802-150C-415D-8F83-CE0730227880.jpeg

I really like spraying the bitters atop the foam.

Lagavulin 8 year old, neat. I love Lag 16. It's one of my top five, but I haven't tried the 8 yr old for a long time. My local shop had it on a good sale last weekend, so I bought one. It clearly has the DNA of the 16 but is a little less smooth and not quite as rich. It may also be the palest single malt on the market. Nice! Nice enough that I may need to go back and pick up a few backups if it's still on sale.

Finished up on the yearly budget meetings for my department tonight. Once home it was time to celebrate..... one dead, one wounded........
View attachment 1325290

As a WT fanboy I adore 101 but in Oz it’s only about 15-20 bucks cheaper than Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel and 30 less than Rare Breed. The agony of almost 2 101s vs a single RB….the challenge is real.

As a WT fanboy I adore 101 but in Oz it’s only about 15-20 bucks cheaper than Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel and 30 less than Rare Breed. The agony of almost 2 101s vs a single RB….the challenge is real.
I agree with your sentiment but I am socially embarrassed embarrassed to say I do not have Russell's or Rare Breed on hand and knew I was going throw down more than I usually do with the really good stuff (hamburger instead of steak thought process).

Top Bottom