Brush: Maggard Plissoft Synth, 24mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Lather: Haslinger Ringelblumen Shaving Soap

Old Spice Aftershave Splash

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

IMG_20210908_140945.jpg

Ignoring the modern pre and post care, I wanted to experience a shave my grandpa could have had. I don't know what he used pre goop in a can and cartridges, but, I am sure he would have used a super speed at some point. A boar brush probably too, and I know he used old spice. Results a smooth DFS+

Edit: It is a BBS after half an hour. Little irritation, but, a good shave.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD. Thur Slantemper 9th, 2021

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant- Mfg 2017>, great razor, mature technique with light touch will give excellent results, tight tolerances & well made. Made from a solid billet of 316 Stainless steel & hard to Machine this one to these tolerances regardless.
Blade: Gillette Astra SS(5) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
Soap: Tabac, interesting flowery scent with excellent lather qualities. It is a great legendary soap & enjoyed by millions.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber feel, great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 with pickups.
Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar with a Gillette Astra SS blade.
SOTD,  Sep 9th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
View attachment 1325327
Ignoring the modern pre and post care, I wanted to experience a shave my grandpa could have had. I don't know what he used pre goop in a can and cartridges, but, I am sure he would have used a super speed at some point. A boar brush probably too, and I know he used old spice. Results a smooth DFS+.
I would say you are accurate in the shave gear Grandpa used in his days.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Favorites of mine SOTD
1914 Gillette Bulldog
Med Prep blade
MERshaving special blend (I love the scent of this Gillette balm so my good friend at MERshaving made me a special soap to match)
Graydog cocobolo and backyard maple
26mm Maggards SHD fan
Stainless steel lather bowl
Amazing as always .
PXL_20210909_125939704.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
PXL_20210909_130107850.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Coconut, Tallow Formula
Brush
B&B LE 2011
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman SS SB 1.05
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the 103rd shave with this soap. I should be able to squeeze one to two more shaves out of it. Fortunately, I have several backup pucks. The lather was great. Frequent use has made the soap soft and very easy to lather. The Wolfman will see its second use this week. A great shave on a beautiful AZ day. Have a good one, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom