What's new

Moving from the 34C, what next?

Hey gang, I'm currently using a Merkur 34C and wanted to explore a slightly more aggressive razor. I was eyeing a Feather AS-D2. Looking for a high quality option. Being in the military I shave everyday so finding a good piece is a priority. Price isnt a limiting factor. Any advice is appreciated!

Muhle Rocca R94, trust me you’ll thank me later.

proxy.php

If you want to try out a few different levels of aggressiveness, all in a very nice, comfortable package, I highly recommend the Rockwell 6S. I have a bunch of more expensive ones and I keep coming back to my 6S. It just delivers a superb shave every single time.

If you want to try out a few different levels of aggressiveness, all in a very nice, comfortable package, I highly recommend the Rockwell 6S. I have a bunch of more expensive ones and I keep coming back to my 6S. It just delivers a superb shave every single time.

That's great to hear. The 6S was definitely on my list after reading all the great reviews. The Merkur Progress and Feather AS-D2 were also options.

Gamechanger 0.84 P. All stainless, mighty efficient, but incredibly smooth, providing super close comfortable shaves. Works with any blade, in my experience and is available with a large selection of handles. Price is very reasonable too for a product that will likely last you the rest of your life.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Good recommendations from everyone. I have the 6S and 6C and really like the versatility of having multiple base plates to choose the aggression. I agree with the observation that the AS/D2 is a mild razor. It’s milder than the 34C. I’ve tried a ton of different blades in the Feather, but can’t get the close shave I’m after.

Another vote for the Gamechanger .84 and throwing in one for the Razorock German 37 (same head as a Merkur 37C but you get to choose handles).

I used both of those razors in this morning's shave!

Thanks for the feedback on the AS-D2! I’m leaning towards the Rockwell 6S. I like that the adjustments are fixed plates and not a twist. Keep the info coming!

I own as-d2, 6C and progress. I can assure you that as-d2 is an efficient razor, just take a long time to master it. I am daily shaver and got 2 passes BBS each time

Karve brass is a great razor with many different plate options. I have solid bar plates C, D, and G the most aggressive. I haven't had it very long, but, I get great shaves from it. In my opinion it is a step up from the 6S and is still affordable.

I own as-d2, 6C and progress. I can assure you that as-d2 is an efficient razor, just take a long time to master it. I am daily shaver and got 2 passes BBS each time

But for your evaluation to have meaning to the reader, we have to know how tough your whiskers are.

Top Bottom