What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Sept Stirling Slant Wed 8 SOTD
Soap Stirling Lemon Chill
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Reuzel Wood & Spice
The soap scent is a little mild but the lather is great...cooling, creamy and slick...
The shave with the razor paired with this blade was perfection! So easy so smooth and so comfortable in 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish without any issues. This is definitely one of my top-top de blades. Aftershaves were excellent too.
Rating 10/10!!
20210908_093034.jpg

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Mühle R41 (2013)
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Black Indian (D3)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: Cella Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Old Spice Original AS Lotion
Rating : 9.73/10 :pipe:

Very close, comfortable and smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Razor - Fatip slant gentile
Blade - Derby Extra (1st use)
Soap - Stirling Duke
Brush - Omega synthetic
Aftershave - Davidoff cool water

New blade day and I spotted a lonesome, long forgotten Derby which I decided to put out it's misery as I hadn't used one in the slant.

I wish I hadn't. I never liked Derby blades and I knew it would be bad from the first cut. It removed the hair but my face is raw.

5 cos it accomplished the objective.

UP annoyingly early, and I can't go out to work out until it gets light about 6 am. So I washed the phiz and did a 24-hour beard shave:

Merkur Progress/Personna Red blade (2)

Proraso Green cream

AP Shave Co. synth brush

Fien Green Vetiver aftershave, no-name lotion, generic baby powder

Kept it simple after the face wash, loading the brush and face-lathering with the Proraso. Merkur set at 3.5. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, throat only, ATG. No irritation or nicks, and the powder really makes my skin feel super smooth, which is why I apply it.

Verdict: 9.4.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Face Wash
- Jack Black Face Buff Scrub
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Geo F Trumper Eucris cream (sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Tools
- Muhle Rocca
- Tiger Superior (3)
- Vulfix No.28 Boar

Fragrance for the day:
Floris Santal EDT

Shave Rating: 9/10
Third shave with the Tiger Superior today and it was the best shave yet with this blade. The blade still feels as smooth as it did on shaves 1 and 2 but similar to my other top tier blades it feels like it has sharpened up again on shave 3 and it feels like the closest shave I've had with my Rocca so far. I still have 1 shave to go with the blade, but it's already top of the blade pile for this razor.
First time trying out a Geo F Trumper cream today with a sample of Eucris (just a 1g sample so only enough for 1 shave for me). Performance wise I found it similar (maybe ever so slightly better) than TOBS/DR Harris but not quite as good as T&H. Scent wise I quite like Eucris (to my nose its a very dark/earthy scent), however, I'm not sure if I would want to smell of it all day with a matching aftershave/cologne.
Overall a pleasant and close shave with no irritation or feedback from the alum block.

10/10
Had a great shave this morning. Some would say it was just PEACHY [emoji527][emoji527]
-Blackland Brassbird OC
-Personna Med Prep (1st)
-PAA Solar Flare
-Capt choice copper bowl

-PAA Ice peach cube
-A&E Peach and Cognac kaizen
- Stirling Glacial Peach Splash
-PAA immortal peach star jelly

This razor was excellent. Very minimal blade feel. Just smooth but very efficient. Got a close bbs shave with minimal alum block or splash feedback. This razor is just awesome.
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

My name was drawn in a giveaway for a soap from The Club. Label art inspired me to do an all American artisan shave this morning.

Razor: Max Sprecher 8/8 with Micarta Scales and Abalone inlays.
Strop: Tony Miller Heirloom
Brush: Wolf Whiskers with 28mm Shavemac 2 band silver tip
Soap: The Club - American Pie

FBA882B6-C71B-4A4F-A0F8-3C2A81FCE64B.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Result: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - PAA Tube 2.0
Soap: Wet the Face Modern Barbershop
Brush: AP Shave Co. synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Black Ice Black Licorice-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger face tonic
AS: Stirling Barbershop splash

Very good shave...DFS/BBS with no blood. Gillette Wilkinson Sword is still up for another shave, but I'll rotate it out anyway. This soap has one of the nicest barbershop scents I've ever encountered, so nice I ordered the aftershave. However, it did not make the cut for slickness and performance. Nothing lacking in it, just not as slick as some that I consider above average slick. Obviously, this is all subjective. I did order some of his tallow formula soap when I ordered the aftershave, so I will eventually be testing that. The Modern Barbershop I used this morning is from Wet the Face's vegetable base soap. Between Tube 2.0 and Stirling Black Ice Witch Hazel, my face has a very pleasant coolness going on.

No picture today.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Yesterday and Today:

Yesterday:

Ach. Brito Mogno, holding on, as you can see (through!)
Trafalgar T3
Gillette Brazilian Goodwill
Feather (9) - retired

One pass, on local Independence Day.

Overall - 9

ACB72795-B27C-4A35-AECA-90B045DAA90D.jpeg

Today:

Haslinger Schafmilch
Omega Jade
Gillette Brazilian Goodwill
GSB (1)

Once again, just one pass.

Overall - 9

2F8899FF-DA28-4A55-BA29-E1C91C99EA34.jpeg

Depending on the circumstances, and if you’re “just shaving”, one pass (with touch ups) isn’t bad at all.

As much as I enjoy the Omega Jade, the practical advantages of synthetics is huge. Although the Jade isn’t going anywhere!

08 September 2021
20210908_062048.jpg

Prep:
Spice Bar soap
Razor:
King C Gillette (KCG) Closed Comb—China & Germany
Cream:
Old Spice Original—India Until it is used up
Blade:
Gillette Platinum—Russia? (No printed Blade Label) Shave #4
Brush:
Omega—11126—Italy
Bowl:
Q-shave Scuttle
Passes:
WTG and ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men—USA
Rating(s):
9.5 DFS+
Comments:
Nice shave this morning, but some noticeable stubble, offset by no nicks or weepers.

CA5E9173-9366-4429-B0D5-3F11BF4F838A.jpeg

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: 7 O’clock Black (3)
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Aftershave: Old Spice

Good morning! Day two of the chapstick shave stick experiment. Today I just advanced it about 5mm, and smooshed it on my face with my finger before using the brush. It worked better, but I think what I’m learning is that a chapstick tube is too small a form factor for a shave stick. Maybe a glue stick tube would work better.
As far as the shave goes, it was great! Really liking the black 7 O’clock blade. Finished with Old Spice.

9.5/10

Razor: R89
Brush: Mühle traditional silvertip badger
Blade: King c Gillette
Soap: Palmolive Stick
Aftershave: Tabac splash

I heard that the Palmolive stick is discontinued? Well, i went to my local supermarket and they had about 20+ in the shelf. Im not sure, but i think in Germany will still have them(?). Well i bought one after a long time, and man what a beautiful classic shaving soap! Slick, scent, performance, and all that for nearly 2$. And the tabac aftershave splash is one of the true and unchanged classics, and somehow makes me sad that old spice changed, because tabac never did! Palmolive stick + tabac = pure class. Felt like im back in the 1950‘s, and heck im 23.
10/10.

Razor: 1958 D2 Gillette TV Special (Super Speed)
Blade: Astra SS (4)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Stirling Texas On Fire
Rating: 10

This morning's great shave on > 1.5 days of growth. BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes, no nicks, and no irritation. Again noticed resistance ATG under the nose, but I did not apply pressure, so there was no irritation. I suspect that shave #5 from this Astra SS blade will be its last.

When I swap this blade out, I will continue to use this TV Special with the next one, since I'm getting such great results with it.

Razor: IKON Teflon Coated Solid Bar on a
RazoRock 316 SS UFO Handle
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Omega 10049 Boar, 26mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Lather: Haslinger Ringelblumen (Marigold) Shaving Soap

Ginger's Garden Suede Aftershave Splash

Two passes for a close and smooth finish.
The razor is very efficient and the Ladas blade was sharp yet smooth performing. The Haslinger will be done for this week sometime. No nicks or weepers or razor burn. 9.5

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Pre-shave: shower
Razor: Schick adjustable injector M1
Blade: Chick, shave #6
Soap: Cella Bio
Brush: Sterling Synthetic Tuxedo
Post shave: Thayer's WH folowed by Cella original A/S splash

DFS+, 9.5 / 10

I think I've concluded that this soap is the slickest in my den. Will shave with old Tabac tomorrow, but this stuff is slicker than greased owl snot! Great shave!

20210908_shave.jpg

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Coconut, Tallow Formula
Brush
Morris & Forndran 2XL Finest
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman SS SB 1.05
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
I decided to stick with this soap until it is all used up. There is not much left to the soap, and it should be finished by the end of this week. This is the 101st shave with this tallow version soap. Since this is Wednesday out comes the Wolfman loaded with a fresh Wizamet blade. A fine, BBS shave. Have a great day.

I did a side by side comparison this morning to see which razor performed better IMO.

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Blackland Sabre on 2 dot plate on left & GEM G Bar on right side of face.
Blade: GEM PTFE
Soap: Stirling Sheep
Bowl: Blue Timeless Bowl
Brush: Simpson's Trafalgar T-3
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Polo Double Black EDT
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 3 pass BBS shave with one touch up with G Bar and three with Sabre. No weepers or cuts but some minor irritation, which I always have with a GEM razor. Fifth shave with the Sabre (two on 1 dot plate, three on 2 dot plate). Overall these razors are very close in performance. Personally I like the G Bar better, it's lighter, easier to maneuver and the handle is shorter. One gripe I have with the Sabre is for me it takes many times to get the handle threaded back on correctly after changing a blade or head. I imagine that could get easier the more I did it, but as a novice that aggravates me about the Sabre. I will be sending the Sabre back to the B&B member who generously sent it to me to test.

Top Bottom