What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Based on the patent info for the Cowan, my guess is early 20s. There are a few different models. Everything that I know about them is in this thread (which includes pics of my other two):

The Cowan

The Weck Surgical Prep is 30s-ish.
Thank you my friend!

My first SE razor was a Leaf Twig which I like quite a bit. I’m not sure if people consider half DE razors to be SE razors. My first real SE is the Parker Adjustable V2. I have my eye on some vintage Schicks and possibly a GEM but I’m going to practice with the Parker to make sure it’s what I’m looking for.

I’m not sure why but there is something very appealing about SE razors. There’s a certain sleekness to their design. There seems to be a good number of inexpensive vintage Schicks on eBay. Must…exercise…control…

Scored this about two weeks ago but USPS was sending it back and forth up the eastern US until today... finally. Picked it up at a decent price and it looks barely used.

20210830_135337.jpg

20210830_134755.jpg

My wife's coworker found this for me this weekend at a flea market in Kansas City. It's not a razor but I think it's pretty cool. Here's the picture my wife sent me this morning, I thought it was probably from a magazine but when she brought it home, I was surprised, it measures 16 1/4" x 21 1/2". Any idea where it might have come from, maybe a store display? I would say it was from maybe the early to mid 20's.

IMG_3071.jpg

I just so happened to have the razor, I also have the same brush but I can't seem to find it at the moment 😕.

2021-08-30 21.31.43.jpg

Really nice newspaper ad and razor set. Since the price of the razor is $1 (not pounds sterling), could the ad have been in a US or Canadian newspaper instead of a British one? The ad also mentions American Safety Razor Co. offices in Brooklyn and Toronto.

You could be right, that would probably make more sense. I was just going by the small print at the bottom of the paper.

2021-08-31 16.33.05.jpg

2021-08-31 16.33.05.jpg

Mail call!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mail call!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE
Really nice, rare (to me) razor. I read the entry about the Elgin razor in the Safety Razor Compendium. The razor was made from the 1930s to the 1950s (maybe) by a division of the Elgin Watch Co. Also saw one for sale on the 'Bay. Are the apparently proprietary Elgin blades able to be sharpened and used again or are they disposable? Love to hear how the Elgin shaves.

Nothing fancy but I spotted an apparently pristine Schick adjustable injector along with some NOS blades last week on the Bay so I went for it. I don't even know which model it is or any of the finer details. It arrived today and it does indeed appear to be pristine. I'm very excited to try it later!

IMG_20210907_182028.jpgIMG_20210907_182144.jpgIMG_20210907_182218.jpgIMG_20210907_182230.jpgIMG_20210907_182241.jpg

Top Bottom