What's new

Rocca Blade Choice

I have been thoroughly enjoying my (relatively) new Rocca. I get very close shaves without any irritation, although I do have to pay attention to what I'm doing. When my mind wanders I sometimes wind up with a minor nick or weeper. For those of you who have used a Rocca for some time, do you have any blade recommendations? So far I have used Bic Platinum Chrome, Personna Red (Israeli) and Gillette Platinum (only 1 shave). I would be hard pressed to say that I found much difference, although if pushed I would say that they all produce the same result but the Gillette seems smoothest followed by the Personna and then the Bic.

I have been using the Rocca in my rotation for about 18 months now. For me I seem to prefer smooth/mid sharpness blades in the efficient Rocca. Raipara Platinum Lux & GSB’s work well for me, Gillette Plats if I want to up the sharpness a notch.

A new razor means that I have to revisit my blade options. I work through a good selection of what is in my drawer. That said, my favorites generally come from my personal ‘top tier’ (in no particular order):
Personna red
Personna lab
GSB
Astra SP
Nacet.

GSB’s work well, followed closely on the heels by Astra’s. In fact, GSB’s work well in every razor I’ve used. Thanks to @BigJ for sending a sample pack my way!

The standard fare;
Astra Platinum
Personna/Personna Red
Crystal
Nacet
7 O'clock Green/Yellow
GSB
Gillette Platinum
Nacet
Polsilver
Kai

I have been thoroughly enjoying my (relatively) new Rocca. I get very close shaves without any irritation, although I do have to pay attention to what I'm doing. When my mind wanders I sometimes wind up with a minor nick or weeper. For those of you who have used a Rocca for some time, do you have any blade recommendations? So far I have used Bic Platinum Chrome, Personna Red (Israeli) and Gillette Platinum (only 1 shave). I would be hard pressed to say that I found much difference, although if pushed I would say that they all produce the same result but the Gillette seems smoothest followed by the Personna and then the Bic.

Astra, Voskhod, or Gillette Wilkinson Sword India.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For your consecutive daily shaves I suggest less sharper (comfortable) blades (i.e. Derby Platinum, Asco stainless, Shark).

For your 2-3 days shaves I suggest sharper blades (i.e. Gillette Platinum, Gillette Silver Blue, Gillette Sharp Edge).

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Personna Israeli Platinum Red is my preferred blade in the Rocca v3 and v4. The Personna Med Prep behaves and performs very close to the Israeli blade. The Wizamet Super Iridium is also a good match. :)

I've not found a blade in my stash that hasn't worked well in my Rocca.

Astra SP
Wilkinson Sword German
Nacet
Polsilver
Bolzano
GSB
Lord Platinum
Lord Super Chrome
7 O'clock Super Platinum
Rapira Swedish Super Steel

I'm not exactly sure why this 2 year old thread was revived, but after 2 years I have settled upon Personna Israeli Red and Gillette Platinum blades in the Rocca. Those are also the blades that I tend to prefer in my other DE razors.

Astra SS laser printed ! for me is blade no1 in Rocca ! works great for daily shaving in Rocca.
Nacet
BIC Astor ( original no fake! )
TRY AND YOU WILL NOT REGRET! After trying these blades post the impressions please!

Trust me, you'll thank me :thumbup: this blade is made from St. Petersburg in Russia

proxy.php

Top Bottom