What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

M

member 131028

20210902_144340.jpg

$45 etsy score. Looked around after a very long B&B break and discovered Kent made the move to synthetic. Smells brand new and don't recall a time when the model was stamped on the handle.

Mail call! Oddball edition.

proxy.php

Hello there, Elgin Razor!

proxy.php

Contents of the tube. These came in at least three tube colors: Black, Blue, and White. These were made to mimic the appearance of a pen.

The spare blades ride in one end of the tube, the razor in the other.

proxy.php

Razor position in the tube.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Disassembled.

proxy.php

I was hoping against hope that the blades were the same size as a modern injector. Sadly not.

proxy.php

Assembled.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
And I think it is a 1933-34 Gillette New Red & Black set. I could use the experts to weigh in on the razor.

Rare to see them in that good shape(with gold wash), it is more a mid range, I call them Gillette New long comb. Gillette also has a model called a NEW short comb and sought after because they clamp blade better. I have 2 New long combs(Canadian variants) with different handles they came with and both shave great.
(L)New long comb with a fat copper handle with a copper top cap.........New long comb with a ball tip handle, I use this one a lot.
Gillette Canadian 1930's NEW long comb with fat handle. (2).jpg
Gillette Canadian1930's NEW long comb (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

These arrived yesterday:
IMG_8894.JPG

And unpacked:
IMG_8895.JPG

Razors and blades are from the auction place.
Obviously the aftershaves and samples are from PAA. All the samples will eventually be full size bottles in my den..
The brushes are from kcbrett. Love the vintage style brushes, and have far too many, but nowhere near enough!

Last edited:
Are those Heritage brushes or vintage reknots? They look mint!

Vintage reknots.

From the BST listing:
11-12) green Ever-ready 200 3 step with 24mm T&S full moon knot, used 3 or 4 times, $60. Immaculate
13-14) clear Every-ready 1CS with 22 mm Maggard knot,
immaculate $50
15-16) red Every-ready 200 3 step with new 24mm T&S full moon knot, immaculate as well $60

They all have the appropriate stampings on the bottom of the brushes.
I've seen pics of the Heritage brushes, but I think they are marked differently so that people can't pass them off as vintage brushes.

Oh yeah I remember now. They look great.
Vintage reknots.

From the BST listing:
11-12) green Ever-ready 200 3 step with 24mm T&S full moon knot, used 3 or 4 times, $60. Immaculate
13-14) clear Every-ready 1CS with 22 mm Maggard knot,
immaculate $50
15-16) red Every-ready 200 3 step with new 24mm T&S full moon knot, immaculate as well $60

They all have the appropriate stampings on the bottom of the brushes.
I've seen pics of the Heritage brushes, but I think they are marked differently so that people can't pass them off as vintage brushes.

Top Bottom