What's new

If you could only have one razor and one blade for the rest of your life?

Progress & Silver Blue
BA144804-999D-41AF-A455-2BAFE09041AD.jpeg

What a great topic! I’ve enjoyed reading all the responses.

These tough questions from the “Double Edge Razor Brigade” are what drove me to experiment and find my “ONE” razor. I will not list it here because it’s a SE razor.

In the DE world, with all of the razors and blades I’ve tried my favorite is the Gillette New Short Comb with a PermaSharp Super blade. That unassuming combo performs great, can be used every day (at least on my face), and the results are excellent.
57436CE1-0A64-4DAA-BAFD-1696AC44F516.jpeg
C7081C03-054F-48DE-B699-3FFAFCB7956A.jpeg

I'll kick it off.Lupo.95 Nacet.View attachment 1318035

I want to change my entry. On further reflection I would pick the razor that I’ve used most in my 12 years de shaving.

ASD1 top cap.
Ikon oc deluxe bottom plate.
Ikon Tuckaway handle.
Permasharp super blades.

It looks a bit cobbled together but shaves well. With this set up I only need to shave once every 24 hours.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed. Some (like Derby) will remove several layers of skin for that ‘dermabrasion experience.’:straight:

It's funny, Derby's get a lot of negative press but when I use them I find them distinctly mid-tier.

When I first started DE shaving they were noticeably less sharp than near enough anything else I had - since their update a few years back, though, I don't find that to be noticeably the case any longer.

They're not Feather sharp, sure, but they're no less effective than an Israeli red for example, and I certainly recall that they used to be...

Mine’s heading here in the mail. The standard Fatip Grande/Piccolo open comb razors attempt some semblance of a thick cap Old Type, I think.

Essentially yes - the Fatip's combs are more comfortable on the face with their much more rounded profile (where an Old can be more rake-esque, especially if you steepen the angle of attack).

FWIW, I like both of them but both give me the same frustration of having to fiddle with blade alignment - when I feel like doing it, the Old with its age feels more special to use, although it's not a distinct difference in the actual shave quality if that makes sense.

I have used a 78 black handled Super Speed exclusively since August 2012. I have used several other razors that I used for a few years before that . I would be happy just using that Super Speed ,. A shark or astra blade would do me fine .

Which Shark blade? Super Stainless, Super Chrome or Platinum? 🦈 Are awesome!

Top Bottom