What's new

AdP Blue Mediterranean?

Can anyone comment on the AdP Blue fragrances? I understand they are all short lived. Are there any greats or must avoids? Is it a line to skip?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
If you love Acqua di Parma, then Blu Mediterraneo is a "must have". These are all great fragrances, especially for the summer season. My two favourite are:

- Bergamotto di Calabria
- Cedro di Taormina

Agree! My favorite is Mirto di Panerea. Fico di Amalfi and Bergamotto di Calabria are great too! Sampled Ginepro di Sardegna recently and that was fantastic too, but I think they don't make it anymore?

I've picked up a bottle of Fico di Amalfi. Very nice. Little and short lived protection but I still get wiffs of the dry down hours after application. Good for the hot humid weather we get around here when heavier fragrances can become nauseating.

Might try Cedro di Taormina now.

Just tried a sample of Fico di Amalfi today. Eh. The citrus started like cleaning fluid and then mellowed down to the fig. At that point the citrus smelled fresher. I’m on the dry down now, and I’m not that impressed.

I‘ll wear it again and see if I feel differently. I have numerous ”blue” or “fresh” fragrances that I prefer to this, including the recently purchased Missoni Wave, which is quite similar without the fig, and with a better dry down.

I did an interesting experiment last night, because the citrus in FdA reminded me of the blast of Neroli in Banana republic Neroli Woods. So I sprayed some Neroli Woods, and then some BR Vintage Green, which is a nice fig scent. And guess what? Very close to FdA. Actually better to my nose. And the two BR bottles together will give you 5oz for $40 (at the rack stores). And each are great in their own.

you’re welcome. 🙂

Top Bottom